"Anything else is a weak imitation"

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Wow, heckuva a deal for NV to get a full size SLI banner on B3D at google ads rates. . . heckuva deal for NV, that is.

That's advertisement for you.

I think that most people make a separation between the B3D content and the content displayed in the third party advertisements.
And if some people can't comprehend that simple notion, I'd doubt that they'll be able to understand most of the content of the site, anyway. ;)

Oh, of course Vy. I didn't mean to imply B3D was endorsing an IHV by that ad. Just regretting (my possibly mistaken assumption) that they were getting the spot for less than it'd cost an IHV to get it by direct negotation.

Ads are what makes a (mostly) free internet possible.

geo said:
Oh, of course Vy. I didn't mean to imply B3D was endorsing an IHV by that ad. Just regretting (my possibly mistaken assumption) that they were getting the spot for less than it'd cost an IHV to get it by direct negotation.

Ads are what makes a (mostly) free internet possible.

Does B3D have any direct negotiation advertisements?

Dunno about any of THAT, but THIS site appeared in one of the google ad spots, and I'd personally call it at least a bit 'suspect'.

It obviously encourages users to commit copyright infringement, in my interpretation at least.

Guden Oden said:
It obviously encourages users to commit copyright infringement, in my interpretation at least.
Not really. I'll bet that's just an example of one of the oldest scams in the world: Bait and switch. They're not offering anything illegal. All you get for joining up is a couple of links, like bittorrent.com, azureus.sf.net, slyck.com and so on, along with 'member support', which is a Bittorrent guide ripped off from the internet somewhere. I know a couple of guys who fell into that trap looking for Suprnova.org a few years back (and ending up at supernova.org, suprnova.net or similar) that was just such things.

Probably perfectly legal, and probably making good (or bad, as in 'ill gotten' if you please) money too.

I don't know what's going on but the Nvidia ad is coming up very frequently at B3D. How does that work - can Nvidia pay Google to push its ads more often?

Edit: As I was typing this it came up, it came up twice!

Back