Anyone bought a Conroe yet?

SWEEEET!! :D

I put together my rig a couple of weeks ago already, but I had serious problems getting anywhere OC-wise. I think the FSB was the culprit, as I wasn't even close to maxing out the memory. However, the latest P5B-vanilla BIOS(5.09) cured all that!

The rig:
C2D E6300
2GB TwinMOS PC5300
ASUS P5B(plain non-deluxe)

Previously I only got to 325x7=2275MHz. With the first BIOS-upgrade(3.09) it got worse! Down to 300x7. But with the latest BIOS I'm dual-prime stable(so far) @400x7=2800MHz! And this with the cheapest PC5300 RAM I could find... :)

Only thing is that the load temps are kinda worrying(78C w/boxed cooler), but I guess it's within limits. The heatsink isn't even warm to the touch, I mean. And I'm planning to get another heatsink+fan anyways, if I just can figure out if the Zalman 7700Cu fits in my box with this motherboard.

Not bad, not bad at all for 420EUR(+tax) worth of kit. Gives me Celeron 300A vibes all over again. :)

Hurrah! Up & running (though Gah! when will SATA drives ever actually reliably boot windows...)

No probably not with this version of Win. LOL.

Just got my rig up and running

Gigabyte mobo 9675 chipset
2 gig DDR2 pc2 4300
E6600 (still at stock speed, looking to OC if anyone could point me in the right direction)
7900gtx
250g SATA HDD
Audigy 2 zs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back