Any aftermarket 2900XT AIR COOLERS yet?

wingless

Newcomer
I was wondering if there were any aftermaket 2900XT air coolers. I know the stock ait cooling is pretty efficient for what it has to deal with but I wanted to know if there were any others that I haven't been able to find via Google. All I can find so far are water coolers. I remember Sparkle was supposedly going to release a peltier cooled 2900XT and that would be ideal for the R600.

I was wondering if there were any aftermaket 2900XT air coolers. I know the stock ait cooling is pretty efficient for what it has to deal with but I wanted to know if there were any others that I haven't been able to find via Google. All I can find so far are water coolers. I remember Sparkle was supposedly going to release a peltier cooled 2900XT and that would be ideal for the R600.

Thermalright hr-03 R600 version
Sapphire show before computex hd2900xt with Thermaltake DuOrb cooler , but there is no sign about this card, and in thermaltake webpage this version not support r600.

Sparkle is NV AIB partner, ATi-AMD side Gecube used peltier coolers on 512mb PCI-E x1950pro and on AGP x1950xt X series (its not xtx :smile: )

Peltier cooled R600 would be basically death for any PC where heat output and power consumption is concerned.

As far as I know R600 alone draws around 200W so a peltier would have to draw far MORE in additional power to cool such a chip. You'd then have to cool off the 200ish watts of the GPU + the 200+ watts of the pelt itself.

Not a good idea. Especially for SLI..
Peace.

Back