And I took my wife to the hospital again today....

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
http://69.93.88.162/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9623

digitalwanderer said:
Well the good news is it isn't her illness, it looks like she has appendicidis.

She's drinking 8 oz of apple juice laced with berylium right now ever half hour for two hours, then she has to wait an hour, and then they'll give her a catscan and find out if it is or not.

If it is, then they'll go straight to surgery and pull it.

They've also got her prepped for emergency surgery should it get worse/rupture during the berylium thingies, so she's in the right spot and in good hands.

I just took a quick hospital break since we know what's happening for the next few hours to try and line up the kids/puppies care so I won't have to worry about it when the crunch time comes. I just stopped at home to let the puppies out, get some pajamas & clothes for the kids who are spending the night at my Mom's (who I have absolutely no clue what I would do without right now, she and her hubby are always absolute life-savers for me in situations like this and I am deeply grateful as it is a BIATCH of a thing to have to worry about when you should be worrying about your wife....but worrying about your kids comes natural too), and of course to post up here to let y'all know what the what is. :)

More later, probably late-night after a surgery. I'm about 99.9% convinced it is appendicidis and it'll be coming out around dinner time. (And I'm glad! If we hadn't of went to the hospital and it had ruptured..... :oops: )

Hope everything works out OK. I had my append yanked back in late '79 as a high school freshman and there's not a lot to worry about since she's already at the hospital and under medical care. She'll be OK, John.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure she's going to be ok too, I'm just flustered 'cause it's difficult to get to the point where I can just worry about her for a bit. :?

I think I got everything packed up for the kids and I'm off to deliver 'em clothes & a gamecube, then it's back to the hospital.

On a happy note, since no kids will be involved and my wife is indisposed I will be stealing her Z..... ;)

Hope everything works out, dude.

I was rushed to hospital with suspected appendicitis quite recently - turns out my stomach muscles had gone into spasm after I ate 25 poppadums.

It wasn't her appendix, her appendix is fine the catscan revealed. So they took her for an ultrasound and found an ovarian cyst.

Very painful, but not life threatening. The cure is some painkillers and bedrest.

Chris and me are both home and doing MUCH better, and my Mom is being kind and keeping the kids tonight anyways to let us relax.

I think I'm gonna go and get calm now. :)

digitalwanderer said:
It wasn't her appendix, her appendix is fine the catscan revealed. So they took her for an ultrasound and found an ovarian cyst.

My wife used to get those all the time in the 90s. Very painful.

digitalwanderer said:

Very painful, but not life threatening. The cure is some painkillers and bedrest.

Chris and me are both home and doing MUCH better, and my Mom is being kind and keeping the kids tonight anyways to let us relax.

Glad to hear your wife is doing ok.

I think I'm gonna go and get calm now. :)

please don't tell me that u are gonna get smoked up(cannabis).

US

MuFu said:
Hope everything works out, dude.

I was rushed to hospital with suspected appendicitis quite recently - turns out my stomach muscles had gone into spasm after I ate 25 poppadums.

When I was 8, during Easter Holydays, with my family we went to take thermal bathes in a resort on the Dolomites: the very Easter morning I woke up in pain, vomiting, with a fever etc. My parents took me to a small hospital nearby, and there they told us I had appendicitis and suggested my parents to rush me back home to check me in the local hospital, and so they did. The trip back home I recall as one of the most painful experiences I've ever had in life....simply dreadful. Somehow, we reached our local hospital where they checked me in overnight, and I waited to be examined before the actual surgery the morning after. As the doctor examined me then, I'll always remember how he said loud and clear after a few seconds:"But this boy's got mumps!"...sigh

anyway I'm also glad your wife is going to be ok soon :)

Unknown Soldier said:
please don't tell me that u are gonna get smoked up(cannabis).
No, "get calm" in that case actually just meant sitting in front of my PC quietly for a little bit....it does wonders for my nerves after a bad day.

Not really doing anything in particular, just cruising and watching some tv....y'know, unwinding. :)

It's 7:23am and I'm trying to drink enough coffee to go over to me Mum's and get my kids, I actually miss them something terrible! :?

It actually really got all better yesterday morning. I spaced closing the bedroom door when I got up to let the puppies out at 5am and when we came back in they all blitzed my wife in the bed and were jumping up and down on her trying to kiss/lick/bite her nose off.

She just pulled the cover over her head and said some rather unflattering things about me whilst making ouchy noises while I got the pups out and she went back to sleep.

She got up a couple hours later looking a bit incredulous and holding her gut where it hurt and she told me the pain was totally gone now, the puppies had ruptured her cyst bouncing on her.

Not the most pleasant way to do it, but it beats surgery hands down and at least it is over now. :)

She's doing well today too, but since she has the day off she's sleeping still....we both still got whatever the hell that bug was that put her in the hospital the first time. :?

Back