Ugh, which iPhone should I get for my wife?

I don't think there's a 6X optical zoom.

What they have are 3 cameras, with regular, wide angle and 3X telephoto.

I don't know if you can do the 2X cropping on anything but the regular angle.

Also, based on the Pro Max iPhone's I've had, only the regular is sharp all over the image. The wide angle and the telephoto have image degradation at the edges and even the center isn't as sharp. Better to have those options than nothing but think mainly in terms of the main camera.

Depends on what you will be photographing. If you want really sharp landscapes say that look great even when blown up, you probably want the Pro Max with the regular angel.

But if you're mostly taking pictures of friends, family at get togethers, I would think the Plus would be good enough for that.

Also be aware that the front cameras aren't nearly as good as the rear cameras so for selfies, don't expect the same sharpness.

I believe also that the Pro Max is suppose to have some kind of video stabilization as well.

Wait a sec... So there's a "Plus", a "Pro" and "Pro Max". Is there a "Basic" that is below the Plus? Seems extremely dumb marketing to have a Plus model if there's no base to be plus over.
What world do you live in? Everything is "Premium" or higher for any product. Even your store brand cereal is Premium quality!

What world do you live in? Everything is "Premium" or higher for any product. Even your store brand cereal is Premium quality!

Exactly what I was feeling at the time. At least they're not using Extreme like the 90's overdid. I wish companies would label their single item as "Plus Ultra" instead of Premium. :D

Apple have a page for exactly that: iPhone - Compare Models.

It would only take a cursory glance to learn the differences.

The Pro has the new A16 Bionic SoC, Always-on adaptive 120Hz display, better camera system (48MP), Dynamic Island, 2000 Nits peak brightness and LiDAR Scanner.

Got it yesterday along with some thundercharging cables and a wireless charger thingy. I wasn't sure when my wife would want to swap over as she worked late yesterday and goes in today so I was just waiting. As soon as she came in she grabbed it and started the whole process. She got to the point where it told her to put her old iPhone by her new one and suddenly she turned to me and said, "Ok, I don't know how to do this with an android", and dumped it on me.
Me, the infamous Apple guru! Got all flustered and panicked, then I just sat down and tried. Turns out it wasn't so bad, the "android to iOS" app worked well and then it was just a matter of transferring over a loose e-mail account or two and getting her apps all reinstalled.
The phone is beautiful, bloody gorgeous. Sweet to look at, touch, and the sounds are even nicer than the androids...but I still am keeping my Pixel 3a XL as I like it and it's working just fine for me. :)

Back