I am concerned that my mother is close to death...

Roger Cobb

Regular
I called my family's house earlier, as I had not heard from my mum for a few days. The last few times I seen her, she had been complaining of breathlessness. My dad let me know she is now in the intensive care ward on a dialysis machine. And I live about 15 minutes from the hospital.

The hospital staff are doing all they can. I think they discovered her kidneys aren't working properly, and that one organ was dangerously small. Fluid has built up in her lungs, as she has been a heavy smoker throughout her life. She either suffered a heart attack or near renal failure. They said her blood pressure was over 100 when rated.

I am quite agitated about this depressing news. I am going outside for a walk. :(

Sorry for what happens. With the 15 minutes distance from the hospital, hopefully it allows you to be with your mother for many occasions

She is still in a bad way. So I cannot really say if she is improving. I went to see her yesterday, and she has no appetite.

My mother can only have one litre of liquid a day, because of her kidneys not functioning correctly.

Back