AMD: Volcanic Islands R1100/1200 (8***/9*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Great!

My gut feeling for the new IP level is that it should bring it on.

Guys, if there is no thread with the "AMD: Pirate Islands (R* 3** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread" name, then I think it is about time for someone to create it. And please, with the red ATi logo in front!

My Sapphire 290 whines in menus and generally when its running >100fps. When vsync or frame limiter is on it's silent. Doesn't bother me at all, and I'm a silent pc guy.

There's a possible future where the answer to both parts of that question is yes.
The hardware could roll out eventually across the stack so long as AMD keeps going back to the same IP well, and not much would be lost either way for quite some time.
Remember how long AMD stuck with 3DNow! and how much it mattered?

If anyone has any info on future amd cards are amd continuing truaudio support or will in end up another truform ?

It will be continued for the foreseeable future.
APUs, GPUs and one console... Why would they turn their back on it now when it is still being introduced?

5xsfi0.jpg

So, this card's price with AMD Iceland is the equivalent of 215 EUR.

What is it and is it for Asian markets only? :???:

Probably some close to launch samples, the quantities are to low for sale. The price could be virtual, they are also free of charge.

R9 290 "LE" :LOL:

Yes, there are many words in English which begin with the letter L, so in order not to confuse people with nonsense, let's check its specifications:

Graphics Engine: RADEON R9 290
Video Memory: 4GB GDDR5
Memory Interface: 512-bit
DirectX® Support: 11.2
Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
GPU Core Speed: Up to 1175MHz (stock is 947MHz)
Memory Speed: Up to 1450MHz (stock is 1250MHz)
DVI Output: 2 x Dual Link DVI
HDMI Output: 1 x HDMI (video/audio)
DisplayPort Output: 1 x DisplayPort

It is a really confusing card, as it seems they are also laughing at customers. Which is weird and ugly. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
FirePro M6100 sold at Dell should be Saturn. Still strange that there was no wider sale of this small GPU.

I wonder if someone can find a AMD GPU with "Made/Diffused in Germany". According to conference call Global Foundries should make some GPUs. Maybe its the kind of redundant looking Hainan/Sun/Jet GPU?

FirePro M6100 sold at Dell should be Saturn. Still strange that there was no wider sale of this small GPU.

This chip could have won plentiful of design wins, laptop manufacturers would have been happy to use it, not to mention customers.

Sometimes I think that there is something going on in that company and shoot themselves in the foot and no one else is responsible for their money bleeding processes.

I wonder if someone can find a AMD GPU with "Made/Diffused in Germany". According to conference call Global Foundries should make some GPUs. Maybe its the kind of redundant looking Hainan/Sun/Jet GPU?
Interesting... Some R7 250 boards are requipped by "Made in China" GPUs, e. g. this one, but I can't find any picture of "Made in Germany" GPUs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back