AMD: Volcanic Islands R1100/1200 (8***/9*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

The parenthetical below the price seems to indicate an additional tax is included.

yeah and TVA and other tax differ from a country to another.

Thanks to Asder and french guys: http://translate.google.com/transla...phire-r9-290x-devoilees-avec-leurs-prix-.html

(Google translate )
With its R9 290X, AMD seems he decided to try to take all the mond cuffed and, one imagines, the first Nvidia! While all leaks left thinking that the official rate would be around 600 €, the verdict has just fallen: Sapphire communicates official price of € 519.99 for the card verson BF4 and € 499.99 for card sold alone. Prices that could even be scaled down from the start since a famous French retailer had posted its product sheet Sapphire R9 290X BF4 to € 499.95 earlier in the day, before quickly removing it. The cards should be put on sale tomorrow, launch day.

The question now is to find the performance of newcomer tomorrow against Nvidia offering, especially to see if the chameleon expected such a price! It was about a GTX 780 Ti to 600 € to counter the new AMD coming, but finally € 100 less for the flagship monoGPU AMD, Nvidia is going to do? Decide he finally align "only" the basic GTX 780 500 € to counter 290X R9, leaving the GTX 780 Ti at a higher rate? or will he an

extra effort

]

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Can we conclude that for this particular GPU release the initially floated retail prices were incorrect? And that all discussion about them was for naught?

Now there's a shocker. ;)

Did you say the same when 780/Titan were released?

No idea. I've had a 7870 for quite some time now. I was just looking at the 280X at the supposed price of $299 and figured the 7870 is a bargain in comparison for under $200. I'm not sure there is a 50% increase in performance compared to it's previous gen predecessor.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/10/22/msi_r9_280x_gaming_video_card_review_ready4edit

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1787400
AMD is launching the Radeon R9 290X today. The R9 290X represents AMD's fastest single-GPU video card ever produced. It is priced to be less expensive than the GeForce GTX 780, but packs a punch on the level of GTX TITAN. We look at performance, the two BIOS mode options, and even some 4K gaming.

This review will be published at 11:01PM CST tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
no that's a great card right there. I'd buy one if something was coming out I wanted to play . My 6950@6970 speeds is handling things just fine ,esp since one of my monitors went and I don't want to replace it quite yet (rather buy in 3s for eyefinity and would like to move to 1440p at this point but dropping $1200 isn't a spur of the moment thing)

Only bad side I could find so far is the power consumption, but I guess it's understandable.

AMD should get the multimonitor consumption down like NVIDIA got theirs, though.

hopefully bigger changes in the second half of 2014 with the micron drop. Next holiday is when I will build my star citizen /eq next rig.

Hoping for big things from amd on both sides of the coin

I am hoping eventual custom-cooled partner cards can bring the temperature/noise level down (which should also reduce power consumption somewhat).

Only bad side I could find so far is the power consumption, but I guess it's understandable.

AMD should get the multimonitor consumption down like NVIDIA got theirs, though.
On matched (or same timed) panels that should be down.

Back