AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half starts at mid year. It's not contradictory.
They've stated a couple of times in there conference calls that Polaris would start having financial impact in second half 2016.

Second half and mid year are two very different things as someone else pointed out. Second half could well be december. As for financial impact, well obviously.

Okay. So... ?

So its not second half, is it? It's mid year, which means end of june. That's also why I don't expect Polaris at Computex. Couple of weeks after that the earliest and no later than end of june. Only if it's later than that can you actually consider something went wrong or the schedule slipped.

Does Apple use a custom design that requires further design work-integration (ala SoC) or is it more OEM off the shelf?
Just wondering how much work AMD has on its plate at this early stage, if the PS4.5 is happening as well due that being a custom design SoC type.

That is a lot of plates they are juggling while trying to also launch traditional desktop/laptop.
Fingers crossed they pull this off as it is great business, but is there a risk they are over exposed from a project-resource perspective.
Cheers

pretty much OEM off the shelf, the only one they would do custom boards for is the Mac Pro cylinder thing.

I've had two macs in my life, a Mac Pro tower dual penryn and a laptop Mac Pro, both used off the shelf cards.

I never go to appleinsider anymore, all they do is copypaste other Apple sites' news, and dowse every page in a million ads. They're a bunch of disgusting leeches as far as I'm concerned; never have I seen any original news on that site.

What do you think about this one:

83c7fd73_1463552737622.png

Whelp, if those are true then the whole Fiji family is bound to go to the bargain bin really fast. The only one I could see somewhat surviving is the Nano for its ITX form factor.

What's the thing with with 3dmark11 scores nowadays? Do they matter to anything other than raw fillrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back