AMD: Speculation, Rumors, and Discussion (Archive)

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by iMacmatician, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuri

Newcomer

Who knows. Anyway, Vega still aims for 1H 2017.
    Lisa Su on 30th Nov:

Razor1 and xpea like this.
  2. jacozz

Newcomer

Probably just the launch of the new High-End AM4-motherboards.
    Maybe a sneak peak of Vega? Remember, they did that a year ago with Polaris 11.
    If it is a dual Polaris card, I hope they found a new way around the crossfire problem in a way the OS only see one gpu. somehow... MCM? nah... probably not.

3. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

With USB 3.1 gen2 already being deployed on AM4, AMD is even ahead of Intel this time.

Lightman and Razor1 like this.
  4. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

It is rather frustrating to find any separate benchmarks to cross reference the results, even other sites do not necessarily have the same settings or even mention what those settings are :)
    That brings us on to comparing the results to the AoTS result for the unknown card.
    I took an alternative approach and tried to identify the settings compared to the ones shown for the unknown card, and unfortunately it seems to me we may not be able to use any benchmark review as a comparison for the following reason.
    Looking at another review site they show their internal preset 'High' setting has 2xMSAA, texture quality High, everything else matches that unknown card settings.
    That unknown card is using 1xMSAA, not sure about texture quality.
    Cheers

5. ieldra

Newcomer

Also worth noting the game version used in the 'leaked' benchmark is 1.45, whereas the current game version is 2.1.x I believe

CSI PC, Razor1 and pharma like this.
  6. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

Probably the closest reference we have is WhyCry running same setting albeit with a 6800k at 3.4GHz rather than a 5930k.

He used same Game version and same settings, his card is the MSI GTX1080 Gaming X.
    WhyCry: http://videocardz.com/64475/are-those-radeon-rx-490-vega10-benchmarks-results
    [​IMG]

And the highest leaked result so far (found by gamervivek):
    [​IMG]

May try to find WhyCry's result in the benchmark table.

Cheers

#5146 CSI PC, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Malo and ToTTenTranz like this.
  7. gamervivek

Regular Newcomer

Hopefully these are driver improvements and there's more to come.

[​IMG]

8. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I seriously hope Vega is good so it forces NVIDIA to put out a GTX1075 at ~$300. The 1070 is a bit too crippled and expensive IMO.

Of course if Vega is that good I would consider it a purchase option. My last AMD card was the 7950 and that turned out to be a great buy at $200.

9. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

The score keeps increasing every day it seems,
    so is that person overclocking the GPU and if so that does make it tricky to know the realistic range.
    I really doubt the person has updated engineering drivers since the last result, these are usually pretty well controlled and do not happen as frequent as these benchmark updates in terms of what could get out of the controlled lab-network.
    Cheers

#5149 CSI PC, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.