AMD RX 7900XTX and RX 7900XT Reviews

From my peasant point of view that needs to be very carefully thought out, because using more xtors to have more efficient hardware usage be it raster/RT but less shading units overall is probably preferable to having more shading units that won't work as efficiently, hence bad scalling or inconsistency overall, and power usage?

CB.de made some comparison photos of the reference and AIB models:

15-2160.9de5a782.jpg

18-2160.973ea333.jpg

16-2160.7f79b0a1.jpg

17-2160.48654f3e.jpg

Also a comparison with 4090 reference:

19-2160.c99ba015.jpg

Unfortunately a pretty wildly bad launch. This is a wait 3-6 months before buying product to see what happens. Also may be good for serious overclockers that don't care about power draw, but not sure on that yet.

CB.de made some comparison photos of the reference and AIB models:
omg.
Can't just somebody put in a little CPU and SSD? It' would barely increase costs nor weight at this point.
Open design seems nice for the cold winter too. Guess i'd no longer need socks with one of these under my desk. Plus, splicing vegetables becomes a matter of kneeling down just for a moment.

It is so exciting what GPUs can already do in 2022.

Just seen the reviews of the Sapphire XTX card and seems competitive when at 3Ghz+

The Guru3D review of the Sapphire card puts it between 3090 and 3090ti in ray tracing in most games with only the heavier RT games pushing the XTX to 3080/3090 levels.

Price has killed these cards.

Last edited:
I feel like the reference cooler and form factor were designed for a lower power card. Seems pretty obvious that the card is very power limited at 350W and the reference cooler is not well equipped to cool 350W. It probably should have been a 400W card, and it should have had a larger cooler.

I feel like the reference cooler and form factor were designed for a lower power card. Seems pretty obvious that the card is very power limited at 350W and the reference cooler is not well equipped to cool 350W. It probably should have been a 400W card, and it should have had a larger cooler.
There's some wide wide variety between samples, TPU for example got pretty good sample
1671222293388.png

Back