AMD RDNA3 Specifications Discussion Thread

$999 7900 XTX for ~1.5x raster (bit more with RT) vs 6950XT and $899 7900 XT, that's better than expected

*although that $899 looks like a "just buy the more expensive one" price.

Last edited:
A few funny digs at Nvidia but what a letdown overall, ray tracing increase is especially disappointing as it'll be barely faster than the RTX3000 series, maybe slower!

Compute Units 96
Base Frequency 1900 MHz
Boost Frequency Up to 2500 MHz
Game Frequency 2300 MHz
Ray Accelerators 96
Peak Pixel Fill-Rate Up to 480 GP/s
Peak Texture Fill-Rate Up to 960 GT/s
Peak Half Precision Compute Performance 123 TFLOPs
Peak Single Precision Compute Performance 61 TFLOPs
ROPs 192
Stream Processors 6144
Texture Units 384
Transistor Count 58 B
Shader Engines 6

Typical Board Power (Desktop) 355 W
Minimum PSU Recommendation 800 W

GPU Memory
Infinity Cache 96 MB
Memory Speed 20 Gbps
Max Memory Size 24 GB
Memory Type GDDR6
Memory Bandwidth Up to 960 GB/s
Effective Memory Bandwidth Up to 3500 GB/s

900$ and 1000$ for the cards

Yeah, frankly terrible. You could argue it might have been justified if AMD had been able to drastically improve RT performance, but if anything it looks like it's going to be even more of a stomp this gen than last.

The 7900XTX feels like a max $700 card, and at $600 it would sell very well. A 4090 is absolutely worth 50% more, without a question.

AMD is going to lose most of the mindshare they got from RDNA 2, and they can't even create a "recession savior from greedy Nvidia" narrative, because they've become almost as greedy.

And I don't think the disappointment everyone is feeling is the result of some unreasonable hype train either. More likely AMD was intentionally spreading misinformation ("appear strong when you are weak") to trick Nvidia into pushing their cards further than they needed to. And that part worked (fuck the planet, I guess), but now AMD's performance looks even worse.

Great prices. Not quite enough to seriously compete with the 4090 but at those prices, no need. These are very normal prices for high-end cards that people can afford. NVIDIA is trying hard to push $2000 high-end GPUs as the norm.

That is a bit confusing what it is. It is FSR2 + ??

I didn't fully catch it either, but kind of hoping AMD Hyper-RX is their version of "nVidia Reflex". Sort of felt like they were trying to present similar tech stack, but it was so light on details that we really don't know.

EDIT: Though it being a 1 Click to optimize, maybe it's more like what LordEC911 said.

The pricing looks great and the memory amoutns look great. Hopefully when reviewers get their hands on these they will be pretty good. I think I am still good with my 3080 for another generation

I'm realy disapointed from the chiplt layout. I thought that they make small CU Dies and one Big memory die. For me this makes all no sense.

General comment about marketing everywhere -- they really need to stop these silly $xxx.99 price points, as they're not fooling anyone. Just say it's $1000 and $900.
Not only that but at that price range who goes "oh no, 100$/€ difference is too much, im not going to spend 1k, im getting the 900$/€", not just silly but plain stupid price segmentation.

Errr, that's it!? Where's the block diagram? Where's the detailed look of the new compute units?

Yeah, frankly terrible. You could argue it might have been justified if AMD had been able to drastically improve RT performance, but if anything it looks like it's going to be even more of a stomp this gen than last.

The 7900XTX feels like a max $700 card, and at $600 it would sell very well. A 4090 is absolutely worth 50% more, without a question.

AMD is going to lose most of the mindshare they got from RDNA 2, and they can't even create a "recession savior from greedy Nvidia" narrative, because they've become almost as greedy.

And I don't think the disappointment everyone is feeling isn't the result of some unreasonable hype train either. More likely AMD was intentionally spreading misinformation ("appear strong when you are weak") to trick Nvidia into pushing their cards further than they needed to. And that part worked (fuck the planet, I guess), but now AMD's performance looks even worse.
Well, Nvidia was originally planning to offer 3090 Ti class performance for $899.

Back