AMD Execution Thread [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no pricing, though I have very little expectations AMD is looking to make these any kind of good deal with the naming they're using.
That's because it's not announced yet, Videocardz is doing its thing with leaking the announcement several hours prior to it happening.
But yeah, you can pretty much guess the prices from what cards AMD compare these models to.

The initial games set to harness the power of FSR3 are “Forspoken” and “Immortals of Aveum.” Forspoken, a title from Square Enix, unfortunately fell short of expectations upon its release in January. On the other hand, “Immortals” is a recently launched game that has the distinction of being the first to utilize Unreal Engine 5.1.

7700XT and 7800XT prices are out btw:
RX78007700PRICING-1200x650.jpg

AMD announced that FSR3 will work on all AMD, Intel and NVIDIA GPUs.
Not bad. Wonder how it will perform and what quality they'll be able to achieve.
I also kinda wonder if its the FG component specifically which will work on all GPUs.

I struggle to find the demographic this GPU targets.
7800XT isn't too bad, I was expecting closer to $550 for it. At $500 it will kill off 4060Ti16 and will probably compare fine with a more expensive 4070.
7700XT though seems dead in the water. Comparing that to a 16GB 4060Ti and all is fine until you realize that the 8GB 4060Ti isn't much different in performance and stands at $400 already.

Not bad. Wonder how it will perform and what quality they'll be able to achieve.
That's the million dollar question.
Personally I'm expecting performance to be good, quality not great.
May need higher framerate in comparison to DLSS FG so to have lower screen persistence for generated frame so the quality isn't as noticeable.

7800XT isn't too bad, I was expecting closer to $550 for it. At $500 it will kill off 4060Ti16 and will probably compare fine with a more expensive 4070.
7700XT though seems dead in the water. Comparing that to a 16GB 4060Ti and all is fine until you realize that the 8GB 4060Ti isn't much different in performance and stands at $400 already.
The 6800xt has been 500$ for over a year now. Most people interested in this performance level at that price would have already bought one. There isn't even a worthwhile power efficiency increase.

I hope I'm misunderstanding this, but sounds like no Nvidia Reflex-like latency reduction on other than RDNA 3 though(?)

AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag+ works on the AMD Radeon™️ RX 7000 Series GPUs and newer or the AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series APUs with integrated AMD RDNA™ 3 graphics and newer. AMD Radeon Anti-Lag+ further reduces latency within specific titles where AMD has partnered with game developers. GD-227.

The 6800xt has been 500$ for over a year now. Most people interested in this performance level at that price would have already bought one. There isn't even a worthwhile power efficiency increase.
While a valid point you're looking at a new product with all the ads and marketing now while the 6800XT being available (in some places, not everywhere) at $500 was very much a retail only thing which most people probably didn't even realize.

Looks like the 7700xt falls in line with the rx6800 and the rtx4070, or at least pretty close.
That is pretty compelling for $450. A 12.5% increase in price over the $400 4060ti gets you ~15-20% more performance.

Wait - they announced FSR3, but no video to show it?
New midrange cards are tempting. Might get one of these eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back