Am I crazy? (Car Question)

Have you seen bmw's m1 concept - i hope they make it

I drove an early eighties M1 back then. I repaired cars at Grand Prix Automotive in Venice, CA through high school and we had one really rich customer who owned a couple 930s and an M1....sweet v12. I remember the frickin' fuel filter cost over $200.

I don't think any of those have much in the way of back seats Digi. That is why I got the car I did though, I have to have a real car that is useful for more than one thing.

I don't think any of those have much in the way of back seats Digi. That is why I got the car I did though, I have to have a real car that is useful for more than one thing.

What do you have? Also, dig's kids are little so a 2+2 will work :)

What do you have? Also, dig's kids are little so a 2+2 will work :)

WRX wagon. I wanted it to be functional for many things as it is our only vehicle now. I don't tow, but like the rack on top to carry plywood, drywall, bikes etc...

Plenty of room inside if I fold down the seats, and big enough rear seats for people.

It is no panacea, but for us it works now.

I saw a 4X yr old in a mx5 today followed by a SL500 sitting in a parking lot and it got me thinking... is the SL500 a chicks car? Personally I'd say it is. It's right on the line but if you see one in person it just has some femininity to it I can't really describe.

dig you can get the 7s in 2+2 configs. I totally recommend getting one, probably about the least practical car on the planet (due to various reliability problems if they're pushing north of 220hp) but tons of fun. And it's a rotary which is a huge plus in my books :) btw have you watched initial D? If you haven't you should, the 7s kick ass in it.

the SL500 does have a feminine look - much more so IMHO than the MX5 but that may just be that I've driven mx5s and think of them as MGs with reliability.

I think I love the WRX Wagon actually, that's the Subaru right? :LOL:

Yeah it is a subaru.

It was funny, we saved some money and my wife knew I wanted one (a wrx) so she just says. "Hey Scott why don't you buy a WRX" one day out of the blue and I was like "uuuuuuuhhhh what?"

Anyway she wanted the sedan I wanted to wagon which she thought was ugly, but then we found a decent deal on a relatively new one and it happened to be a wagon and we went for a test drive and she (and I of course) loved it and bought it.

Before that I drove a 78 corolla, and 85 corolla, and a 90 chysler minivan. And this was starting in the mid 90s so they were old cars. I did not even get the later two till around 2002.

I just sold my wrx, It was one of the saddest days of my life.
That car was so good for the money performance wise. I just loved it.

Hopefully I will have something new and neat soon, wife permitting.

I feel your pain, I went through that selling my Pathfinder. It just physically hurt to drive off and leave it at the dealership. :(

I just sold my wrx, It was one of the saddest days of my life.
That car was so good for the money performance wise. I just loved it.

Hopefully I will have something new and neat soon, wife permitting.

What happened?

(If that isn't rude)

Just to bad of gas mileage?

Anyway we bought ours outright at the beginning so I plan to keep it basically forever unless gas is like $25/gal or something.

What happened?

(If that isn't rude)

Just to bad of gas mileage?

Anyway we bought ours outright at the beginning so I plan to keep it basically forever unless gas is like $25/gal or something.

Well I got a great trade in value on it. It was 3 years old and I traded it on a new forester (WRX only had 13k miles on it, and only had to pay 2500$ over my trade in value to get the new forry, and they threw in all the extra stuff I wanted. Mud flaps, bumper guard, ETC) to replace the wifes aging saturn which she had gotten in an accident in. I had a good bit o money saved and was looking to get a lotus.

Then my wife was discovered to have MS. So alot of the money went away. Now Im hoping to get an STI/EVO/135I or something of that ilk.

All fun cars. Just sadly not a lotus.

So through a quirk of fate, Im driving an 8 year old saturn and hating every minute of it. =/

Well I got a great trade in value on it. It was 3 years old and I traded it on a new forester (WRX only had 13k miles on it, and only had to pay 2500$ over my trade in value to get the new forry, and they threw in all the extra stuff I wanted. Mud flaps, bumper guard, ETC) to replace the wifes aging saturn which she had gotten in an accident in. I had a good bit o money saved and was looking to get a lotus.

Then my wife was discovered to have MS. So alot of the money went away. Now Im hoping to get an STI/EVO/135I or something of that ilk.

All fun cars. Just sadly not a lotus.

So through a quirk of fate, Im driving an 8 year old saturn and hating every minute of it. =/

That sucks, not the cars bit, but the MS bit.

I am personally so tired of paying through the nose for health insurance. I was paying 473 a month just to cover my wife. And we are not exactly rolling in cash ATM.

I am personally so tired of paying through the nose for health insurance. I was paying 473 a month just to cover my wife. And we are not exactly rolling in cash ATM.

I see what crushing burden you are under now ;-)

Thats a huge chunk of change for insurance.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife BlackAngus, my best to the both of you. :(

Not to fear! She isn't bad off, but the Medicine and initial MRI(S) were a big cost. Everything is as fine as can be expected.

But thanks guys!
Shows what a good bunch are here at B3D.

Back