All Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Glad you liked it. It has it's moments, but they are few and far between. I just don't see how so many people didn't see the drop in writing quality. To me, it's evident.

I can't get in to the specifics since it would take too much time, but this video is a pretty good analysis.

Feels like one of those 'easier to start a story than to finish it' sort of situations. Haven't played the sequel yet myself, but I'm pretty stoked to just for gameplay and presentation values and whatnot. I quite liked the semi-Souls like combat, light RPG elements, and some of the puzzle and exploration distractions of the first. Also think it's best played on Hard so you have to really learn to play the game and utilize your skills, and it makes progression feel more satisfying. I did like the story, but it wasn't a big driver for me in beating it, as it isn't with most games.

Hermen Hulst, soon to be co-CEO of Sony's PlayStation business, addresses day 1 PC releases. Live service games will come day and date on PS5 and PC, but single player narrative games on PC are designed to then entice PC owners to play sequels on a PlayStation console

He's not just going to come out and announce all SP games are going day and date.

LOL sure Herman.. the PC players who didn't buy a $500 PS console to play the original AAA SP exclusive game.. are going to play it on PC.. and then run out and buy a $500 console to play the sequel... knowing full well that the sequel will come too... 🤣
Yep. PC players love spending thousands on hardware and cannot wait to buy inferior hardware for the sequel.

Yep. PC players love spending thousands on hardware and cannot wait to buy inferior hardware for the sequel.
Sony just a few weeks ago - "We've got to stop selling our games in 180 countries because PC gamers don't want to make PSN accounts to play them"

Sony yesterday - "PC players will buy an old port of our SP games after 2-4 years, and then possibly buy a $500 PS console to play the sequel day 1"

... if they say so lol. I mean, PC gamers literally acted like the Kingdom Hearts games never existed on PC for 3 years when they were on the Epic Game Store exclusively... I'm sure they'll all be running out to buy consoles for 1 or 2 PS games per year :D

The reason is different basically they lost tons of money when a hardcore Ps5 players go to PC.

image0.jpg

Screenshot-2024-05-30-001040-768x429.png

And this is an average day one PS5 player spend much more...

Don Mattrick moment.
The vast majority of gaming pcs are below PS5 spec, not even taking into account a PS5 pro releasing this year.

Should players become invested in IP then buying an entire PS5 for less than a mid range GPU might seem like a viable option, also it would not be a single game, they will want more AAA hit titles

Reactions: snc
While the number of people who would go buy a PS5 to play a sequel is certainly non-zero, I highly doubt it’s any meaningful number. Most likely they just get a sizable chunk of double dippers.

Last edited:
i don't know, if Sony sell consoles at a lost. Games revenues and PSN subs are the main source of revenue.
So if they'd release day one a game on PS5 and PC, the loss in sales of the PS5 version would be compensated by the PC version sales from people switching from PS5 to PC, and then PC only gamers who would never buy a PS5 may also buy a copy. Then the question is, do they earn less money with a PC game sale or is it pretty much the same ?

i don't know, if Sony sell consoles at a lost. Games revenues and PSN subs are the main source of revenue.
So if they'd release day one a game on PS5 and PC, the loss in sales of the PS5 version would be compensated by the PC version sales from people switching from PS5 to PC, and then PC only gamers who would never buy a PS5 may also buy a copy. Then the question is, do they earn less money with a PC game sale or is it pretty much the same ?

Sony make tons of money for each PS5 players, They don't lost 731 dollars on each consoles or anything near this amount. And this number is an average day one player spend much more. They lost subscription services, 3rd party roylaties. And they earn lesson first party title because they need to pay 30% cut to Steam.

And the most important they earn more money with 3rd party 30% royalties than with first party games.

He doesn't say Playstation 5 but Playstation platform.

Not all pc players have top notch hw and some can make jump when ps5pro will be introduced (or even not a jump, just another hardware to play some games day 1 and not have to wait 2 years or more)

Last edited:
BTW there was a new Little big Adventure game trailer made by Microids like one hour ago on Playstation youtube channel but it's been removed ? can't find it anywhere else, was it supposed to be kept for tonight's SOP ?

I guess just like phil, hermen must talk short sighted nonsense consumable be non gaming higher ups.

Yes Pc gamers whos spend years on reddit trying not to bother with consoles will spend more than ever for additional console to buy less games than ever available there, and all of them will come to pc. Let that sink in for a few years and just like xbox wonder why apathy towards the your console, might not feel that now given size of platform but you will get there, along with subscriptions dipping, new ips not landing confidently helped by fanbase, lower new release average selling price and all sorts of other compounded effects.

No ps5 for me Hermen, my PC ryzen 7600 which i just just finished to undervolt and its now doing 5.4ghz under same stock like voltage will suffice. Well, droping some zen 6x3d and whatever gpu i wishh at time will comfortably get me through first 5 years of inevitable ps6 cross gen next gen remasters. Just dual sense needed, might even be used, because playing on typewriter is indeed tiring sometimes.good luck.

Back