Alan Wake Screens - Niiice...

This game looks great and is probably coming out on both PS3 and X360.

This will probably be one of the first high quality graphic cross-platform games, it will be very interesting to see which one has the better graphics in the end.

Alan_Wake_001.jpg

Alan_Wake_002.jpg

Alan_Wake_012.jpg

Alan_Wake_013.jpg

Alan_Wake_014.jpg

Alan_Wake_044.jpg

Alan_Wake_045.jpg

Wow these are some amazing screenshots. I hope this game gives the player a lot of freedom. I would really love the ability to explore that beautiful environment. Either way, I'm very impressed. I've found that one of the most important things in a game when it comes to immersion is that it has to feel like there's more "out there" than just what you're seeing. It's not just an arena where the events of the game take place. It looks like Alan Wake will be able to deliver that.

There's some high definition video (720p) put on the web of this game today. The rendering quality is fantastic. Unfortunately, the 3DMark 2001/Max Payne level animation looked totally out of place.

Inane_Dork said:
There's some high definition video (720p) put on the web of this game today. The rendering quality is fantastic. Unfortunately, the 3DMark 2001/Max Payne level animation looked totally out of place.

Just grabbing it off gametrailers as i type, thanks for the heads up.

great trailer

the storyline reminds me of Stephen King(the Shining) crossed with The Villiage and Secret window

Shark Sandwich said:
BlueTsunami said:
Why does the Main character (Alan Wake?) remind me of Corey Feltman....

:LOL: Coming soon to next-generation consoles. . . Stand By Me: the videogame.

Exactly...the game is just a E! True Hollywood Story of Stand by Me....lol

For some reason he reminds me of a mountie. Then I think about it being canada in the background. Then I think about the "blame Canada" song from south park. Then I can't take the screenshots seriously anymore because I picture the game taking place with the blame Canada theme music.

That is all.

Nite_Hawk

Looks great for the most part. This is definitely high on my list of games to look out for.

The only thing is: what's going on with the trees at around 0:31-0:38 (I'm referring to the trailer). It looks like the shadows are popping up on them as the camera gets closer. Hope that won't be in the finished game.

Definitely a game that needs to have AA on. Definitely.

*sigh* Sad how I want to roam around the mountains more in a game than in real life. I'd like it if you could just roam around the game world here with nothing to worry about.

Hope they have a day-night cycle. :) It was fun watching Fable's shadows change.

Back