Afrika?

I was thinking like a wildlife-reservate and your a ranger protecting endangered species and so from hunters "basic thingy" style.

TrollFace said:
My cards are on some kind of Wildlife-Sim. Were you try to manage wildlife and survive all your animals, playing as a God protector from maybe the advancing industry and people.

Wildlife Tycoon. Increase elephants-breeding. Crush greedy people. Send crocodiles to eat them alife. Shit on local ricefields. Eat their crops. Basicly starve the complete continent, conquer the human-world, and be the dominant species again. :cool:

You mean like Tarzan and Jane ? :D

Could be either.
At the moment it does seem to be more of a technical demo, demonstrating a game engine maybe.
It'd be interesting to see what kind of game could they come up with a wild savannah setting, or maybe it's just a new brand of "chillout" interactive entertainment, where you just virtually visit excotic places, maybe snapping photos or shooting video.
I'd buy those kind of "games" especially virtual city tours with graphics the quality of Getaway would be nice entertainment.

drpepper said:
I think you have a point here, kind of like pokemon snap. Except I'd love it to be free roaming instead of on tracks.

In fact, this can be the "Gran Turismo" of camera sims in that you get to use different cameras/lenses/filters etc... And you can save your pictures via USB and print them off and show it off. I'd buy just on that premise alone.

yeah man cool additions to the idea you thought of there. i think you could learn alot about the animals aswell. if you had to get snaps or video of certain behaviours. can you image the challenge in photographing a big cat hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Video.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9695&type=mov&pl=game
I'm noticing alot of details I did not before, whatever it's about the game sure looks sweet. (graphically)

Seems like you might be in an african tribe or somthing, with warewolves and giant worms?
Maybe an adventure game?

Seems nothing like everyones initial predictions lol. Did they change the K to a C?

Screensaver

rabidrabbit said:
Could be either.
At the moment it does seem to be more of a technical demo, demonstrating a game engine maybe.
It'd be interesting to see what kind of game could they come up with a wild savannah setting, or maybe it's just a new brand of "chillout" interactive entertainment, where you just virtually visit excotic places, maybe snapping photos or shooting video.
I'd buy those kind of "games" especially virtual city tours with graphics the quality of Getaway would be nice entertainment.

This also can be very nice interactive screen-saver so everything is loaded in RAM and hard-drive can be off. But I think probably this is a game. This "game" will be perfect for widescreen TV to have a great view.

Ike Turner said:
Holy hell this video looks like crap !
o_O, I think it looks pretty good. Some parts look iffy, like the water and sand/floor at the worm part. But everything else looks next gen to me.

edit:

www.africammo.com
its a mmorpg? o_O

Bad_Boy said:
o_O, I think it looks pretty good. Some parts look iffy, like the water and sand/floor at the worm part. But everything else looks next gen to me.
No no it does look like ass lol. gametrailers messed up. It obviously not the same game/project (check the developers names at the end oft his video.. http://www.africammo.com/ )

Ah sorry then. Honestly though, It didnt look like ass to me. There were some iffy parts, but it seemed very CG on other parts that pretty much said next gen to me. (probably because it was cg?) :p

But im glad they are not the same, I'm not an mmorpg player so that didnt excite me one bit. The warewolves and giant worms bit didnt help either. I hope the real Afrika turns out to be something more interesting.

mckmas8808 said:
Hold on so that tribe drumming and stuff isn't the real Afrika? I thought a name change that fast was sort of interesting.
Seems they are two different games.

Curses! I was looking forward to playing Afrika and getting my Ranger class Zebra up to level 20. I was already working out the sots of skills I'd pick...

Well probably for the best. I imagine such an MMO would force a class on you. After all, who'd want to play a Wilderbeast? Yet they'll be the most common class.

Shifty Geezer said:
Curses! I was looking forward to playing Afrika and getting my Ranger class Zebra up to level 20. I was already working out the sots of skills I'd pick....
+10 waterhole finding?

Presumably you automatically get a +5 AC bonus due to camouflage.

Simon F said:
Presumably you automatically get a +5 AC bonus due to camouflage.
Perhaps. But in my character creation and customization I was thinking Red and Blue stripes, which may impact Camoflage bonuses. Depends if the devs were to use character physical appearance to affect the characters skils or not (which would be a good feature for an RPG and make players have t think a bit more about their chars, rather than have a 6'5" burly thug with excellent hiding skills...)

:LOL: :LOL: @ the gametrailer mix up.

So the camera sim is still a possibility! :D

I knew from looking at that elephant something was up.

drpepper said:
:LOL: :LOL: @ the gametrailer mix up.

So the camera sim is still a possibility! :D

I knew from looking at that elephant something was up.

Yeah the quality of the elephant compared to the other animals in the real Afrika game just lowered by 5 points. But at first I was giving it a chance. :LOL:

Back