Advice On Ebay Item Requested.

Clashman

Regular
Need some advice y'all,

Little while ago, there was a thread in the console forum about retro gaming systems, from sega genesis to 3do to saturn. It got me on a kick for retro games.

Anyway before you know it I bought a huge lot of 7 Sega Genesis and 2 Sega CD systems for 122.50 plus something on the order of 45 dollars in shipping on Ebay. It took close to a month to get here, and now that it's here I'm pretty angry. What I got, and how it differed from what was promised in the auction, is described below. I was originally going to request a partial refund of something on the order of 60 bucks, for everything that's screwed up and what it will cost me to replace. I talked to my girlfriend, however, and she seemed to think that it may be in my interest to talk to my credit card company to try and get a full refund, as it appears pretty obvious that I was sold a lemon. I'm hoping you all can give me some sort of advice as to what I should do. Below is an email I was originally going to send to the seller, but have for the moment refrained on. It describes in detail what was wrong, and there are even links to pictures and the original auction site on the very bottom. Any advice would be appreciated. Help me B3D, you're my only hope! :p

I am writing to tell you that the items came in the mail yesterday. I think I am being polite when I say that I do not believe I recieved what I paid for. The box they shipped in was a mess, and for a fairly expensive order of electrical equipment their was ZERO packaging material, padding, or anything that came close to resembling it. The box was incredibly beat up, and it is a miracle that anything arrived in one piece. Several of the systems I had to spend significant amounts of time wiggling wires, cleaning, etc to even get to function properly. Moreover, the original bid stipulated that two of the systems were MIB, which added significantly to their value. There were no system boxes/original packaging included, and none of the conditions of the systems could be described as Mint, especially after being shipped with no protective packing material. Moreover, the original auction stipulated that 47 games were to be included. There are at present 16 fewer than that. Other compaints I have with my recieved shipment:

Original auction stated 15 controllers were included. I recieved eleven, with at least 1 of them being broken. (I haven’t gotten to test them all yet)

Original auction stated 7 Power adapters were included. I recieved 6, one of which is broken.

Original auction stated 4 RF adapters were included. I only recieved 3.

Original auction stipulated that "Everything has been tested and works perfectly". I think I have already demonstrated to a fair degree of certainty why I find fault with that.

I am not an unreasonable person. In fact, I feel as though I have been very patient and understanding up until this point. I had no major complaints about the length of time it took to recieve my order. I feel as though there is a fair chance that I would have even excused the incredibly shoddy shipping condition of my items, as well as the U.S. $10 you tacked on to the shipping costs without informing me either in the auction or afterwords, which is against Ebay seller policy. But I think all of this at once is too much. I feel as though I am well within my rights to ask for at least partial refund, something on the order of U.S. $60, given what has happened, what is missing, what was damaged, and what it will likely cost me to replace, and the time I have had to spend working on this. I am open to discussion on this, but as of right now I feel as though this would most likely be the best solution, as I do not feel comfortable in counting on you to send replacement merchandise given the condition this shipment arrived in.

As a reminder, I would like to provide examples of what was promised in the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3029014432&category=3653

And of what was recieved:
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~mitt0047/Sega.htm

And by the way, those recieved pictures were arranged much better than what was initially recieved. It looked as though they had just randomly thrown the parts into the box and taped it up.

Send the E-Mail, that is the first step. If he refuses or ignores the e-mail threaten to take him to court, he will 99% chance refund a part of your money.

If that fails go through the credit card company.

The box just looks funny as hell, well more like just sad.

P1010084.jpg

Back