Adobe take over Macromedia!

This sucks. These were the only two decent competitors for these kinds of products. Good bye innovation.

Am I the only person here who is not worried?
When they acquired Aldus in 1994, Pagemaker didn't disappear at all. Only recently they put a stop on it, (because it was totally replaced with a Indesign 3 for pagemaker).

They will probably continue to have dreamweaver under the Adobe brand and it will eventually be merged with golive in a future product.

I'm more interesting in seeing a flash that can natively work with SVGs and which is strictly integrated with the CS suite.

i acctually dont see Dreamweaver as that good. i tried GoLive and i liked it more.

Also i find Illustrator much better then Freehand.... only thing that Macromedia has and Adobe doesnt have is Flash acctually.....

Adobe posted a FAQ about the deal.

Do you expect to integrate the FlashPlayer and the Adobe Reader?
The complementary functionality of FlashPlayer and Adobe Reader will enable the deployment of a more robust cross-media, rich-client technology platform. The combined company will continue to be committed to the needs of both the FlashPlayer and Adobe Reader users.

This is pretty bad for the free readers as flash would proprieterize PDFs. Yes, they're proprietary now and Adobe is just good about it, sort of, but things could get quite bad.

Back