A first hint at Silent Hill 5

Has anybody read this yet?!

Following Konami's E3 2007 press conference, in which the above Silent Hill V teaser (with the emphasis on tease) was shown, I followed up with Konami executives about the game's development. Silent Hill V won't be developed at Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo, it will—like Silent Hill Origins on PSP—come from a Western developer.

The Collective, responsible for games such as Marc Ecko's Getting Up and Buffy The Vampire Slayer, will be at the helm of the classic horror franchise's fifth outing.

Say it aint so! :mad: :cry:

I'm really beginning to notice the absence of Takayoshi Sato (CG/Art director of SH1/2) and Keiichiro Toyama (director of SH1) at KCET ever since Silent Hill 3, it doesn't seem like there's a definite direction they're taking the series, it's like they're still trying to figure out where to take the series both in terms of gameplay and story.

That Article said:
According to Lead Designer Jason Allen, "While in the past, the hero was an everyman, we're taking the action further this time. Alex does have military training, and he's coming into the situation more equipped than previous heroes."
:oops::oops:
I havent seen anything conclusive of that game, but such words from the lead designer scare me - and not in a good way.

I dont expect a Silent Hill to be action-oriented, every encounter should sent your brain spinning between attacking and running. And not doing combos on the guts of the creatures.

Yeah, as a huge Silent Hill fan I'm not one to get rattled easily, but I find that comment extremely disturbing.

What the fucking shit??

Silent Hill and action dont go together!!

I am so pissed now!!:mad::mad::mad:

First Footage from 1up :smile:

CONTINUOUS GAMEPLAY

[gv]14579[/gv]

TRANSITION GAMEPLAY:cool:

[gv]14578[/gv]

MOOD GAMEPLAY

[gv]14577[/gv]

1UP - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK

[gv]14542[/gv]

Back