A CPU game. What CPU am I.

What CPU is this?
98998573.jpg

Looks like a K6 of some sort that someone popped the heatspreader off of (gluemarks still visible). :D K6-III perhaps, as I recall that core was fairly rectangular, but it could be some of the other K6 variants too.

good point it's a whatever with a good deal of L2 for its time (my guess, from its barton-like shape), and a heatspreader removed (that's unfair!)

I agree, maybe a K6/3 ?

The K6es sat on a ceramic substrate as well, same as this little guy, thus increasing probability... :D

If it isn't an AMD chip (as Intel never used ceramic packaging), it must be something a lot more esotheric, like a MIPS/SPARC etc chip. If that was to be the case I doubt anyone here would be able to eyeball exactly which processor it is from that lores image.

Guden Oden said:
Looks like a K6 of some sort that someone popped the heatspreader off of (gluemarks still visible). :D K6-III perhaps, as I recall that core was fairly rectangular, but it could be some of the other K6 variants too.

DIND DING DING.
The right answer.
Its a K6-2 300AFR
98998551.jpg

I have a AMD Slot one processor (800Mhz). In 3DMark03 it would pick up the maximum speed the CPU could do as 3Ghz.

Anyone fine a similar CPU that could do that?

The FSB of the CPU was 200Mhz.

US

Back