400 K ps3 in USA, 100 K ps3 in Japan at launch

I am rooting for anyone but sony right now. A change at the top of the industry would be a good thing for all gamers. If sony loses now you bet your ass the PS4 will be a much better system at a more reasonable price.

Well, they don't need to "lose" anything. I fully expect PS4 to be a much easier ride than PS3, and more affordable too. Even before the "war" starts, i think Sony are learning the hard way some things they will try not to repeat the next time around. They should learn anyway.... But don't quote me on this, it's just my opinion.

No that would be nintendo they raised the gaming industry from the dead in the 80's. The PS3 game library is weak compared to the 360,wii and DS for atleast the next 6 months. The PS3 might be a good system when there are good games out for it and the price comes way down.

I am rooting for anyone but sony right now. A change at the top of the industry would be a good thing for all gamers. If sony loses now you bet your ass the PS4 will be a much better system at a more reasonable price.

I wonder were you sleeping under a rock or just weren't born but last time I checked, Sony made gaming multi billion market, not Nintendo. Nintendo was there earlier and surely was selling consoles but it was no where near the market it is now, THANKS to Sony.

Its rather ironic that you are comparing a systems that is going to be launched game library to a system that has been out nearly a year. Xbox360 has had steady supply of games and some have been good but the only game that I'd REALLY love to play is Dead rising. Doesn't shout OMG WHAT A GAME LIBRARY to me, but everyone has tastes of theyr own. There will be more games for Xbox360 out soon and there will be lots of AAA titles coming up but that is the case with PS3 also. What Wii games are you talking about? Zelda - check, metroid prime - check, ugh...50 Mario games - check. What else was there again? I forgot, because there is no other huge titles for Nintendo. I'm sure it will be a great system but saying PS3 game library is weak compared to Wii is kinda farfetched. ;)

Unless, that is your opinion, but still. ;)

It depends completely on the system that is on top. If its Xbox360, alright, I guess that would help. If its Wii, no thank you, I'm done with consoles if the future Consoles will be offering graphics that we saw in 2000 on PC. And don't bring in the gameplay card here because normal controller has given me great gameplay before, so I don't think it will be a great shock to hear that it will be doing so in the future. Its just up to developers to make the controllers work.

I guess the PS4 could launch in reasonable price range if that happened, but don't hold your breath for it.

!!! WHAT!!! Canada is getting it before the UK?! That's just wrong. It's bad enough that one of our colonies is getting it first with Japan, now another colony is getting it before we do?!
Stump up some (considerable) dosh and I'll see if I can send you one. ;)

Stump up some (considerable) dosh and I'll see if I can send you one. ;)

:oops: I got it!! YOU KNEW!! That's why you moved to Canada!! To get a PS3 before anyone else in the UK!! You KNEW about this for months and never told us, your little innocent lambs!!! You EVIL-DOER!!!1 EVILEST.

:LOL:

I wonder were you sleeping under a rock or just weren't born but last time I checked, Sony made gaming multi billion market, not Nintendo. Nintendo was there earlier and surely was selling consoles but it was no where near the market it is now, THANKS to Sony.

Its rather ironic that you are comparing a systems that is going to be launched game library to a system that has been out nearly a year. Xbox360 has had steady supply of games and some have been good but the only game that I'd REALLY love to play is Dead rising. Doesn't shout OMG WHAT A GAME LIBRARY to me, but everyone has tastes of theyr own. There will be more games for Xbox360 out soon and there will be lots of AAA titles coming up but that is the case with PS3 also. What Wii games are you talking about? Zelda - check, metroid prime - check, ugh...50 Mario games - check. What else was there again? I forgot, because there is no other huge titles for Nintendo. I'm sure it will be a great system but saying PS3 game library is weak compared to Wii is kinda farfetched. ;)

Unless, that is your opinion, but still. ;)

It depends completely on the system that is on top. If its Xbox360, alright, I guess that would help. If its Wii, no thank you, I'm done with consoles if the future Consoles will be offering graphics that we saw in 2000 on PC. And don't bring in the gameplay card here because normal controller has given me great gameplay before, so I don't think it will be a great shock to hear that it will be doing so in the future. Its just up to developers to make the controllers work.

I guess the PS4 could launch in reasonable price range if that happened, but don't hold your breath for it.

If nintendo did not raise the home console market from the dead there would be no PS brand. The market was growing before sony entered they just sped it up some. Yes the PS3 library is weak for the next 6 months dispite a delay from spring to fall. What is there coming out on the PS3 this year that is exclusive and AAA? Not much is my answer. If the Wii won then we would see high end consoles from MS and sony with new control schemes that is not bad in my mind.

If nintendo did not raise the home console market from the dead there would be no PS brand. The market was growing before sony entered they just sped it up some. Yes the PS3 library is weak for the next 6 months dispite a delay from spring to fall. What is there coming out on the PS3 this year that is exclusive and AAA? Not much is my answer. If the Wii won then we would see high end consoles from MS and sony with new control schemes that is not bad in my mind.

Thats what I disagree completely, the rest, I disagree somewhat but not on the game library thing, there are plenty of solid titles coming up.

If Wii won why would Sony and MS spend extra cash to make high end consoles if people didn't care about graphics? Just go nintendo way all the way, save in whatever you can, and soon we will be experiencing games that were out 2-3 years earlier even with worser graphics, yeah!

Thats what I disagree completely, the rest, I disagree somewhat but not on the game library thing, there are plenty of solid titles coming up.

If Wii won why would Sony and MS spend extra cash to make high end consoles if people didn't care about graphics? Just go nintendo way all the way, save in whatever you can, and soon we will be experiencing games that were out 2-3 years earlier even with worser graphics, yeah!

Similarly: If Sony wins, why would MS/Sony release a 720/ps4 console for <$500-600?

Similarly: If Sony wins, why would MS/Sony release a 720/ps4 console for <$500-600?

Well, how should I know that? I don't work for Sony or MS, nor Nintendo for that matter. However if I had to speculate it would be matter of how much money has been spent on the technology in the console. PS3 is obviously expensive because of the new technology that Sony has been working on with other partners. Cell and Blu-ray have both costed them billions, Its only reasonable they try to get as much money back from everywhere they can.

For PS4, unless crazy Ken goes to visit Space once again, I could see them using parts that have been in the market already for awhile, except perhaps for the GPU,GPU would probably be custom work (hopefully with more time given to Nvidia <I expect Nvidia to be the partner for the next GPU for PS4 since they just signed a new contract with them for whatever, it remains to be seen> to make the GPU something completely new.

Sony is really pushing it already as it is already so I don't see them going this way next time (they will learn sooner or later that they can't keep raising the price of the console no matter how you put it).

Hope that answered your question atleast a bit. :)

Wherever the MGS and FF series are, I'm there.

So then I guess this year you are getting a PSP? ;)

This is probably how I'm going to bide my time ... play MGS: Portable Ops, and FFVII if an English version is out soon enough. And of course we should still get the online distribution network for the PSP around November, as well as the Playstation 1 emulator (though personally I'm not that interested in it, really - maybe if I can get a nice game like the old Micro Machines). Still have to finish Daxter too - Tekken PSP is *still* eating up all my gaming time right now. :| crazy.

(oh, and there's a new GTA coming up soon too, new trailer just released and everything)

Last edited by a moderator:
...they will learn sooner or later that they can't keep raising the price of the console no matter how you put it...

If they sell out every ps3 they can make at these prices the lesson learned is "$500-600 is an ok price for a console. Should we try for $700? Afterall ... inflation ..." :devilish: :???: :cry:

The 'No European PS3 launch until March' is bad news but these small launch numbers are far worse. Sony is going to have a lot of trouble to catch up with worldwide xbox360 sales if they can't produce them fast enough to meet the demand.

The 'No European PS3 launch until March' is bad news but these small launch numbers are far worse. Sony is going to have a lot of trouble to catch up with xbox360 sales if they can't produce them fast enough to meet the demand.

I think the main problem is that if they don't get their act together, demand might start shifting over to their competitors, if you leave them long enough...

All MS needs is some huge games snatched from Sony and they're off. I think Nintendo will sell very well whatever happens to Sony and MS.

Believe it or not, Kutaragi also said at the press conference today that mass production for 65nm Cell is in sight and they'd up the PS3 production to 1.2 million units per month from Jan 2007 to compensate the delay.

Cell at 90nm is even more troubling than a procrastinating PlayStation. :cry:

I think the main problem is that if they don't get their act together, demand might start shifting over to their competitors, if you leave them long enough...

All MS needs is some huge games snatched from Sony and they're off. I think Nintendo will sell very well whatever happens to Sony and MS.

You know LB, I was thinking about it and you're 100% right. This would be far more effective than any price-drop this Christmas as gamers who want Xgame on playstation want that game regardless of how much the competition is charging or what games they offer. If they don't offer their favorite Xgame then those fans will simply wait. Genius scenario for MS would be to announce, sometime before Xmas sales really pickup, that MGS4 or FF is coming to 360. Not even exclusive, just "we have that too". Gamers who are discouraged by this delay/shortage who are fans of said title would likely reconsider 360. Price is obviously much cheaper as is and really even if the announced game isn't their favorite it still drives home the point of an aggresive movement away from exclusives this gen which should help gamers evaluate the machines on their own merit instead of facing such a lopsided games selection as the driver for their decision.

Good post.:smile:

Believe it or not, Kutaragi also said at the press conference today that mass production for 65nm Cell is in sight and they'd up the PS3 production to 1.2 million units per month from Jan 2007 to compensate the delay.
How is 65nm Cell going to compensate for low Blue laser production? They gonna stick two Cells in every PS3? :p

What about the rumours that say 6 millions ps3 unit not for march but somewhere between march and november 2007?
Somebody else red this?
Sony will have my guess something like 1 to 1.5 millions by the end of 2006.
Ms will have somewhere between 8 and 10 millions units, probaly in the upper range considering Sony is not on the european market for chrismass.
My guess by the time Sony will reach 6 millions units shipped, MS will have established the xbox360 as the leading developpement plateform... will have gain new exclusif or more multi plateform games... the xbox 360 will have been price dropped ...shortly all the things that can make up for the hardware superiority of the Ps3.
The more i think about it htmore i think that Sony should have manage to ship +/- 100000 console for europe even if it's just a showcase it help the fans to wait they can actually see what they are waiting for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back