[360, PS3] Star Ocean: The Last Hope

You mean Tales of Vesperia?
It was one of the best 'exclusives', yes, but still 7.5/10 at the max, imo.

Well, if it comes out in Japan, even English version should not be that far away anyway. Most of localization has been already done on X360. Those subtle changes for PS3 should not really affect it in any major way.

At least I hope so.

:oops: < click on smiley

Originally Posted by Xenus
I would love to see it and Vesparia come stateside. As I plan on getting a PS3 but want to play both of those games.

He means US/english language version.

Btw, I want to add something to this, but this is a bit OT since the link talk about ToV, but it does have some insight about this whole Xbox360 first and PS3 later...
http://ameblo.jp/gakikichi/entry-10337996154.html
Don't know whether it's true or not... but it does seems convincing based from what I read by using google translator.

Basically one of the highlight is that they make it on Xbox360 first because exclusive contract with MS means money for funding the game + that it's easier (at least at that time) to make Xbox360 games. But then it doesn't sell well enough on the Xbox360, so they make it for PS3.... To put it bluntly from my perspective, they want MS money to develop it then profit from the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. English voices and subs don't help any if The menu's and rest of the text is in japanese.

According to the article above, The Star Ocean International edition allows you to choose the language for inventory and menu also (in addition to voice and subtitle).

Sweet now hopefully it will be sold in the US or at the very least won't cost an arm and a leg to import.

Sweet now hopefully it will be sold in the US or at the very least won't cost an arm and a leg to import.

The international editions are typically Japan-only, so you will need to import it. I'm sure they will release a version in the US, just that it may not ship simultaneously with the Japanese version.

According to Kotaku

Looks like the PlayStation 3 version of Star Ocean: The Last Hope International got its expanded name for a reason, shipping simultaneously across the globe in February.

So the international edition is shipping globally in Feb

Sweet. Just in time for me to save up the money to buy it after blowing a wad on the PS3 for christmas.

English and Japanese voices. Tweaks of stuff and supposedly a new character or two. The usual basically.

not anymore for mass effect2.

and they said it was an easy fix.
By lowering resolution? ;)

Star Ocean seemed to give quite free hands to artists to create materials and they do have very impressive post processing fx.
I would guess they went with low resolution for a reason.

By lowering resolution? ;)

never heard of a sub hd ut3 based game on 360.

Star Ocean seemed to give quite free hands to artists to create materials and they do have very impressive post processing fx.
I would guess they went with low resolution for a reason.

the only reason i can think of is that they refused to take the extra amount of time to fix their faulty engine....and so they resorted to sub hd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back