[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

2q1e9mx.jpg

2n67r88.jpg

358q4aa.jpg

149o0v6.jpg

2zyh02c.jpg

WOW

That looks awesome!!Better than the first screens!!

I am feeling happy that I might get a 360 as well once I finish my studies. And at a cheaper price too :)

The pictures look odd. Like the characters have been put into those backgrounds in photoshop. Otherwise, the videos look great. But it doesn't sound very good - the repeated sound effects and voices just make it sound really old fashioned.

looks very touched up to me, bull shot I guess. Even the HD video on xbl doesnt look anywhere as good as these screenshots. Team Ninja always do this with all their games, all the screenshots have like AA but the actual games never do.

looks very touched up to me, bull shot I guess. Even the HD video on xbl doesnt look anywhere as good as these screenshots. Team Ninja always do this with all their games, all the screenshots have like AA but the actual games never do.

Uhhh the HD video on the marketplace is not actually 'HD'. It's quite clearly 480p upscaled and is a blurry mess. This has been discussed before.

I don’t know. The environments in particular seem much more detailed.

Here is a comparison video. The HD version is just to the right of the screen. They just look like two different environments...not more detailed per se. BTW, where is Ryu's shadow in Ninja Gaiden II? I guess they will touch that up later.

The extreme gibbing is a nice add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a comparison video. The HD version is just to the right of the screen. They just look like two different environments...not more detailed per se. BTW, where is Ryu's shadow in Ninja Gaiden II? I guess they will touch that up later.

The NG2 section showed considerably more detail than the Sigma section. It showed more geometry, considerably farther view distance, better effects, and what looked to be better texture work. The feed is small it is harder to distinguish detail, though I didnt feel as if the two clips looked like two different settings in the same game.

The NG2 section showed considerably more detail than the Sigma section. It showed more geometry, considerably farther view distance, better effects, and what looked to be better texture work. The feed is small it is harder to distinguish detail, though I didnt feel as if the two clips looked like two different settings in the same game.

NGS section is from the demo since they are cheap (or have an agenda).
It's also graphically most boring section of the demo, and the game.
NGS has city levels similar to the ones in DMC4 demo, would possibly be much better comparison.

But in any case, NG2 sections looks to be more colorful and likely have better geometry than NGS.

NGS section is from the demo since they are cheap (or have an agenda).
It's also graphically most boring section of the demo, and the game.
NGS has city levels similar to the ones in DMC4 demo, would possibly be much better comparison.

But in any case, NG2 sections looks to be more colorful and likely have better geometry than NGS.

I agree that there are certain scenes in NGS that are superior than what is shown, although nearly all of the interior scenes are dull and lack detail. Really the only environmental scenes in NGS that I felt were dramatically improved were the outdoor plant life segments mainly revolving around the beginning of the game and perhaps the cathedral portions with Alma. Though none of them look as good as what we have seen so far in NG2. Im not stating that NG2 represents monumental leaps in graphical fidelity over NGS, although I do feel that it is a better looking title in several areas.

I agree that there is something wrong with Ryu's shadow although we are still looking at beta footage.

I agree that there are certain scenes in NGS that are superior than what is shown, although nearly all of the interior scenes are dull and lack detail. Really the only environmental scenes in NGS that I felt were dramatically improved were the outdoor plant life segments mainly revolving around the beginning of the game and perhaps the cathedral portions with Alma.
Though none of them look as good as what we have seen so far in NG2. Im not stating that NG2 represents monumental leaps in graphical fidelity over NGS, although I do feel that it is a better looking title in several areas.

I agree that there is something wrong with Ryu's shadow although we are still looking at beta footage.

I haven't played NG Black so I don't know what they improved graphically.
And for NG2, I wouldn't care much about visual differences from NGS.
I think a current gen NG should avoid disappearing bodies and have better camera for area transitions and narrow sections though,
More importantly, gameplaywise, a ninja fighting monsters is just not fun for me.
Enemy projectiles (like the explosives thrown by spideys) and ranged weapon equipped soldiers forced me use jump+triangle (Flying Sorrow :cool:) often which made the game quite repetitive and boring.

The thing that sold me on NGS was the demo, and to my luck, there wasn't any regular ninja fighting after the demo level. :(

Back