[360, PS3] Lost Planet 2

Man after playing this over and over the past week (X360 version) I have to say that these graphics were ahead of their time!

sure they are using some tricks and shortcuts but my oh my, with the insane amount of things going on and particle effects, lighting (and animation too) etc., even in multiplayer this game looks amazing! :oops:

the lighting in some areas (rooftop in Training Facility) look as good as Mirror's edge with a cool cityscape below.

well worth revisiting. I'd say based on what I see here from such an old game that the 2nd version of this game and engine could very well be considered to be up there with the very best graphics to date when we finally see it released.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to have 4 players co-op! Awesome graphics...love the explosions. It's definitely one of the best explosions I have seen in game. None of the characters in the original made the cut. The game will focus on you building your own character.

That was nice. Certainly the best graphics I've seen in a console game in total.

That was nice. Certainly the best graphics I've seen in a console game in total.

I'd say it has some amazing effects and a good amount of polygon on screen, but Capcom really needs to work more on the lighting though, it really takes the immersion away from the rest of cool package. I don't know, maybe I was spoiled by some other unreleased console titles.

I'd say it has some amazing effects and a good amount of polygon on screen, but Capcom really needs to work more on the lighting though, it really takes the immersion away from the rest of cool package. I don't know, maybe I was spoiled by some other unreleased console titles.

Assuming those videos where not offscreen then I'd say they got some well done HDr lighting. Certainly on par or better than first party titles released for both consoles. I can think of Halo3, FC2 lighting giving it a run and perhaps Heavenly Sword but not much else if any (supposed ingame play lighting).

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7573_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_10139_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming those videos where not offscreen then I'd say they got some well done HDr lighting. Certainly on par or better than first party titles released for both consoles. I can think of Halo3, FC2 lighting giving it a run and perhaps Heavenly Sword but not much else if any (supposed ingame play lighting).

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7573_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_10139_en.html
Hm, most of those shots look pretty flat to me even though they're better than LP1. I'll say Halo3 and FarCry2's lighting already looking better than those. But Uncharted 2's lighting and its SSAO still takes the cake easily. There are couple of others I wont mention at this time since I don't wanna derail the subject too much.

Saw the gameplay footage on Live just now with 4 players taking on some huge monster. Game looks like a blast to 2 play and it was really cool watching 4 people given the full freedom to cooperate on one area or everyone doing their own piece. I sense just massive amounts of replay value here.

possible E3 DL demo .... again :)

Eurogamer

Quote:
"We are working hard right now to make sure there is a playable version of this game at E3 for anybody who's going to be in attendance there," producer Jun Takeuchi said at Captivate 09 in Monaco last week.

"And we're also hoping to have a downloadable demo - one of the things that was very popular from the original Lost Planet. We're also hoping to have a downloadable demo that anyone can play, and download just as soon as we can.

"We're hoping that that downloadable demo will be available to, you know, not just members of the press, but also to users, round about E3 as well."
Capcom Blog

Quote:
Features:

• 4-player co-op action: Team up to battle the giant Akrid in explosive 4 player co-operative play. Teamwork is the player’s key to victory as the team is dependent on each other to succeed and survive.

• Single-player game evolves based on players decisions and actions

• Deep level of character customization: Players will have hundreds of different ways to customize their look to truly help them define their character on the battlefield both on- and offline. Certain weapons can also be customized to suit individual player style.

• Beautiful massive environments: Capcom’s advanced graphics engine, MT Framework 2.0, will bring the game to life with the next step in 3D fidelity and performance.

• Massive scale of enemies: Players skill on the battlefield and work as a team will be tested like never before against the giant Akrid. Players will utilize teamwork tactics, new weapons and a variety of vital suits (VS) to fight these larger-than-life bosses.

• Rewards System- Players will receive rewards for assisting teammates and contributing to the team’s success

• Multiplayer modes and online ranking system

• Exciting new VS features- Based on fan feedback, the team has implemented an unbelievable variety of Vital Suits and new ways to combat VS overall . The new VS sytem will have a powerful impact on the way the player takes to the war zone in Lost Planet 2
1UP Preview

Quote:
Because the game lacks a central character, Takeuchi decided to do an un-Capcom-like move, and make the you the main character. Instead of a named and defined personality, like in practically every other Capcom game, Lost Planet 2 gives you a completely customizable blank slate for the campaign. You can swap around different heads, bodies, backpacks, legs, and weapons to give yourself a distinct look; Takeuchi joked that if you wanted to create a gun-toting jungle-bikini babe, then that's entirely possible. You can even customize which specific gestures and poses you use for taunts or acknowledgements.

Besides the customizable characters, Lost Planet 2 is full of little tweaks and additions -- most of them in response to player feedback. The camera is generally pulled in tighter, making your character larger and more pronounced on-screen. Data Points not only provide a healthy boost of T-Eng, but serve as a convenient respawn point (after activating multiple Data Points and then dying, you can choose which one to resurface at). A host of cool new melee attack animations round out your arsenal, and you now have a dash move to zip around quickly. And for those of you who wanted a flamethrower in the previous game, well, now you have one.

Back