[360, PS3] Lost Planet 2

That was my biggest complaint about the first one. It always felt like you were moving through treacle.

My biggest complaint was getting knocked down over and over and over.. and the game play was not fun. But it looked good.

I'm so glad that they discarded the annoying thermal power bar, now I can finally game without worry. The graphic does look slightly improved from the 1st especially the lighting. LP has always been my favorite and I don't see why I would miss the sequel, bring it!

BE-autiful. as good as Gears of War 2 maybe even?

i loved the first one but the lobby system sucked.

the graphics are improved (which is saying a lot) allegedly, the knock-down recovery time has been improved as well as they added a run feature.

Looking forward to this one, especially if they added a matchmaking /no lobby system

BE-autiful. as good as Gears of War 2 maybe even?

i loved the first one but the lobby system sucked.

the graphics are improved (which is saying a lot) allegedly, the knock-down recovery time has been improved as well as they added a run feature.

Looking forward to this one, especially if they added a matchmaking /no lobby system

Sounds like you haven't played LP Colonies. In Colonies all of the complaints from the original game have been fixed. In Colonies there's matchmaking, lobby problem fixed. What "run" feature are you talking about?

I'm so glad that they discarded the annoying thermal power bar, now I can finally game without worry. The graphic does look slightly improved from the 1st especially the lighting. LP has always been my favorite and I don't see why I would miss the sequel, bring it!

Dude, the thermal powerbar was an integral part of the game AND the story. It would be kinda stupid if you didn't need thermal energy to survive. The whole point of killing the alien enemies was to get thermal power to survive and move forward. It added a nice gameplay element that made the game more interesting and challenging especially in online MP. I don't know where you got the idea the thermal energy bar will be gone. From the trailer it looks like you're still wearing thermal suits and the bosses are still glowing with thermal energy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you haven't played LP Colonies. In Colonies all of the complaints from the original game have been fixed. In Colonies there's matchmaking, lobby problem fixed. What "run" feature are you talking about?

what? :oops: i loved LP online but got tired of waitign forEVER for a host to hit the damned start button (it's like God complex with some of these hosts)

Having matchmaking and auto start is a dream... hell I'm picking up colonies today if you can confirm that there is auto start in matchmaking... is there join in progress too? thanks! (of course I'll get murdered by all the great players but I don't care). :p

The "Run" feature is, that evidently you can lower your weapon and move at a higher speed for short bursts.

There is no autostart. Even if they added autostart it wouldn't make any difference if all you want is enough people before starting a game. Sometimes starting with only a few players is the way to go instead of waiting until you have 16 people which can take forever autostart or not. There's no join game in progress as it would make the game lopsided unless they can come up with a way to keep the number and type of players even like a queue where players who want to join the game in progress will wait unltil there is enough of the right number and level of players to allow in to a specific type of game. The way some of the games are setup, the host gets to choose which types of players gets to be the Akrid eg low level or high level players so there has to be some kind of balancing queue to choose the right players.

There is no autostart. Even if they added autostart it wouldn't make any difference if all you want is enough people before starting a game. Sometimes starting with only a few players is the way to go instead of waiting until you have 16 people which can take forever autostart or not. There's no join game in progress as it would make the game lopsided unless they can come up with a way to keep the number and type of players even like a queue where players who want to join the game in progress will wait unltil there is enough of the right number and level of players to allow in to a specific type of game. The way some of the games are setup, the host gets to choose which types of players gets to be the Akrid eg low level or high level players so there has to be some kind of balancing queue to choose the right players.

ok thanks ...so how is it different than the original lobby system?

I don't see what's so hard about having an auto-start and auto balance feature like CoD games do. It's by far the best a system available IMO (as well as join in progress). even Gears does auton start now and the new update replaces missing players with bots. You could still have custom host games and private lobbies as a separate feature (as does CoD and Halo)

Having to wait for the rooms to fill up and having hosts in charge of balancing can become ridiculous in some games (Far Cry 2 is the worst in this regard)

I spend more time in a lobby than actually playing the game and I'm way too busy in real life to have a social life in lobbies when all I want to do is play. the. game. :)

The only difference that I know from the orginal is the ability to refresh the list of games without having to exit and re-enter the lobby. I don't have the original so I'm only going by what I've heard. Also after a game ends, you don't get kicked back out all the way to the lobby, instead there is a screen with the current game's statistics.

ok thanks.. not what I wanted but I'll still pick it up to try it out as it is a gorgeous game and the multiplayer is a blast, even if I'm not in a game as much as I'd like. ;)

This version 2.0 looks amazing and they are really addressing some shortcomings so I expect/hope for an epic hit.

Capcom is amazing this gen IMO

From what they showed it looks great. If they address some issues I saw in the demo I would be interested. I love the explosions in the game.

Btw, what is LP Colonies?

From what they showed it looks great. If they address some issues I saw in the demo I would be interested. I love the explosions in the game.

Btw, what is LP Colonies?

it was a subsequent "Platinum hit" release of the game with a small SP story add on and some new multiplayer modes INCLUDING the ability to play against PC players and their evil m/kb set-ups. :p;)

it was a subsequent "Platinum hit" release of the game with a small SP story add on and some new multiplayer modes INCLUDING the ability to play against PC players and their evil m/kb set-ups. :p;)

Pitty the fools!

Haha yeah I wish there was a way to identify PC gamers in MP as some of the players can do some godly jump shoot moves with extreme accuracy.

Colonies also offers new weapons, new characters, new maps and the ability to play as the Akrid online. I got my copy for $15. If you look around you could probably get Colonies new for around $15-$20.

Do we know if this is coming to the PC? I liked the first one and it was a great port.

Probably, Capcom's policy this gen is make all HD games multiplat, and that includes the PC.

Just saw the trailer. It looked a bit dark, reminded me of RE graphics for some reason. And yeah, that's an awfully slow walk, haha. But I did like the monster-hunter meets gears of war thing, that could make it pretty cool. Maybe also a way to get Japan into twin-stick shooters.

Wow I just finished downloading that preview and am amazed at the improvement over LP's visuals. It has a very cool CG look to it with a lot of bumpmapping on the bosses compared to the original. The coop part looks like it's going to be a lot of fun too.

Back