360 Owners: Fall/Winter Titles & Exclusives (Whatcha Gettin?)

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
Scott & Castaway and I were talking about upcoming games and what we were planning to get and it kind of hit me how I haven't been following things as closely in regards to upcoming titles and console exclusives. With the SC delay I think I said something stupid like, "Besides FMIII does MS even have a full title exclusive this fall?" I guess I am quite locked into MW2 and FMIII :oops: Silly me kind of thought there wasn't much coming out on the 360 besides FM3 and MW2 :LOL: (in my defense I loved FM2/MW and FM3 and MW2 should keep my busy until summer).

Between forgetting about SC (delayed) and the new GTA ($35 shipped free from Amazon) I felt kind of dumb as those are big titles even if I have -zero- interest. Then the new shots of Left 4 Dead 2 came out of nowhere for me (didn't play the first). So lets see if I got this down (console exclusives in paranthesis):

September:
Halo 3 ODST (exclusive)

October:
Forza Motorsport 3 (exclusive)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Ballad is exclusive and standalone)

November:
Left 4 Dead 2 (exclusive)
Call of Duty 4 MW2
Assassin's Creed 2

January:
Mass Effect 2 (exclusive)
Bioshock 2

February:
Lost Planet 2

March:
Splinter Cell Conviction (exclusive)
Battlefield Bad Company 2

"Spring" 2010:
Alan Wake (exclusive)

I am sure there is a number of titles I am missing (new Rockband? GH? I don't play these games but they are huge). There are others people may be interested in: Dragon Age (Nov), Boarderlands (Oct), Marvel 2 (Sept) etc But unless they surprise they don't seem to be major titles.

Any major titles I am missing? When is Crackdown 2? Has APB been announced for the 360? Kind of curious what Fall 2010 will look like... who am I kidding, Halo Reach I will be playing non-stop :p

What are people planning to get? We need to get our BIG groups back together now that Summer is over :cool:

Me:
FMIII
CoD4 MW2

I have been on the fence on Madden 10 and ODST. Trials HD and BF1943 have kept me pretty happy between Halo 3 MP sessions and Avatar Golf and some other indie games are a lot of fun.

It'll be around Christmas before I can play again, but my list will include:

Halo 3 ODST (exclusive)
Call of Duty 4 MW2
Assassin's Creed 2
Mass Effect 2 (exclusive)
Bioshock 2 (maybe)
Splinter Cell Conviction (exclusive)
Marvel ultimate Alliance 2
Batman AA
Bayonetta
Shadow Complex (probably)

I have a lot of catching up to do. On top of the above, I will probably be picking up a couple of PS3 games as well like GOWIII and possibly the remakes if they're significantly improved.

I find this thread to be very hemispherist!!! :devilish:

In any case at present the games which I know I will be getting are:

Halo: ODST
Forza 3
Mass Effect

My maybe games are

Dragon Age: Origins
Alan Wait
Splinter Cell: Conviction

See, I forgot Alan "I have been in development forever" Wake :p Spring 2010?

Halo 3 ODST (exclusive)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Ballad is exclusive and standalone)
Call of Duty 4 MW2
Assassin's Creed 2

This is my list from now until the end of the year.

I'll also be getting Lips: Number 1 hits whenever it comes out.

I was just getting ready to make such a thread yesterday.

Forza Motorsport 3 for me, and maybe Assassin's Creed 2 though I haven't decided which platform yet.

ODST is the first Halo game I'm not hugely hyped for. I'm optimistic though so I'll wait for reviews before I make a decision. Other than that, Mass Effect 2 is a must, whereas I'll have to wait and see on Bioshock 2 (my GOTY when it came out, though the sequel seems superfluous).

I think MS is going to make a killing this holiday in terms of sales. There are just so many games that have mass-market appeal coming out... though oddly I'm not hugely hyped for any of them this year. The reviews will drive me one way or the other, no doubt.

I had no intention of picking up Halo 3, but somehow found myself in a Zavvi launch-day queue buying it, so I expect the same will happen with ODST (though no Zavvi, as it's dead :()

I am no real fan of realistic racers, but will surely still pick up Forza 3 at launch and then probably play it as little as Forza 2.

Ballad of Gay Tony is a must buy for me, as is Assassins Creed 2. Really loved the first.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a no-buy for me, just as I didn't buy L4D1.

Same as Robert, I'll be picking up Lips No.1's.

Next year, must buys are Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction and Bioshock 2.

Well ideally:
Halo 3 ODST
FM3
Dragon's Age
Mass Effect 2
SC Conviction
Alan Wake
L4D 2 when it's a 30€ price

$1.00 2009
Giant Hula Hoop: It's Raining Lol Cats

$0.25 2010
Your Momma's So Fat... Part 2
Mother Nancy's Spy Hobo 5
Al Sleeps

Maybe
Your Big Daddy :oops:
Mooseheads and Chainsaws in Las Vegas

I play most games on PC as they're cheaper and run better, but on 360 I'll get this year ODST, Brutal Legend, Perfect Dark and maybe Assassin's Creed 2 and RB The Beatles.

Halo 3: ODST
FIFA 10
Forza 3
Modern Warfare 2
Left 4 Dead 2

If Borderlands lives up to it's promise then I will get it too.

NHL10
Modern Warfare 2
Left 4 Dead 2

The maybe list:
Dragon Age
Operation Flashpoint
Borderlands
Assassin's Creed 2
Forza 3 (people keep bugging me about it, but it's unlikely)
Ballad of Gay Tony (may have had my fill of GTA already)

Next year:
Alan Wake (if it's actually out)
Mass Effect 2 (100% sure)
Splinter Cell
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Lost Planet 2 (maybe)

Basically, there are way too many games for me to play, as I also have a PS3, which has a few games I want to play as well. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pick between good games. I just won't have time for most of the maybes on the list.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City in 2009, everything else are expansions/sequels to franchises I don't enjoy.

For sure:
Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
Shadow Complex
Alan Wake
Bioshock 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction

Maybe (depending on the reviews)
ODST
Dragon Age
MW2 (not big fan, on the fence)

Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
ODST

But my problem is I'm not a Gold Live! member (on some stupid principle believe it or not).

I think this is one of the weaker holiday lineups in a while. For me ODST is sure..beyond that it gets really thin (and ODST has bout 1/4 the pull of a full fledged Halo game anyway...but it's the best of this weak fall).

I cant stand the ultra-linear, scripted nature of the COD games (speaking of the SP, I'm not a big MP guy), yet theres still a decent chance I'll pick up MW2 just because the graphics are pretty good and the triple A FPS options are so thin. Assassins Creed 2 is similar in the maybe, maybe not category, and now that I think of it L4D2 as well (the first didn't interest me). Heck I might even give Forza 3 a look and I'm not a racing game guy either.

If we're talking into spring then I'll give Alan Wake and SC:C looks as well, but again I'm not all that excited for either (a bit moreso for Wake). BF:BC 2 is very promising for Spring also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back