[360] Halo 3: ODST

Heretic?
heretic22191944.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fake / real ?
Beta mnu footage :???: !

Thanks for the video as you have me even more excited for the game, then I already am.It seems to be real considering the music has that epic Halo feel to it.I noticed on the menu, it said Headquarters and im wondering about that.Can anyone give me a logical guess as to what that could be?

I don't think the music is part of the "leak" if it is that. Sounds like some fan-music to me. The associated post indicates that the video is a series of photos, rather than a video. If it were real, and a video was provided, the background would probably be animated ala the other Halo games.

From the website that has the rest of the "leaked" material. (Halo3infinity.net)

Interesting...

I guess it could be legit, although it does looks suspiciously a lot like the original CG teaser trailer they did last year at E3 or whenever. So I guess they could be using CG for ingame videos (Bungie has never done this before), or they managed to get visuals close to the trailer they had last year.

EDIT: I took a look at the page and it seems that Bungie might have asked them to take the images down from their news section which pretty much confirms it is real.

Interesting...

I guess it could be legit, although it does looks suspiciously a lot like the original CG teaser trailer they did last year at E3 or whenever. So I guess they could be using CG for ingame videos (Bungie has never done this before), or they managed to get visuals close to the trailer they had last year.

EDIT: I took a look at the page and it seems that Bungie might have asked them to take the images down from their news section which pretty much confirms it is real.

It looks to be a real in-game shot and it honestly looks pretty impressive.I doubt Bungie would waste resources in making CG cutscenes for ODST though.

Considering that it is a very small team which is producing ODST, I could easily see them outsourcing the cut scenes to the CG house that did the teaser. Especially after the extremely positive reception for Halo Wars' cut scenes.

EDIT: All the content is still up, even though there is a note saying that they have taken stuff down per-Bungie's request... I'll save it locally just in case.

EDIT 2: The ODST model in the off-screen shot is definitely the same as the model in the CG teaser.

Interesting...

I've been on the site, it's a french one right ? And I'm sorry to disappoint you but I can translate you the full message :
Non, petit blague... De toute façon il ne s'agit que d'un petit photo-montage réalisé par mes soins.
On aime tous les poissons d'avril !
No, little joke... Anyway it is just a little photo manipulation I've done.. We all love april's fools' day !

Considering that it is a very small team which is producing ODST, I could easily see them outsourcing the cut scenes to the CG house that did the teaser. Especially after the extremely positive reception for Halo Wars' cut scenes.

EDIT: All the content is still up, even though there is a note saying that they have taken stuff down per-Bungie's request... I'll save it locally just in case.

EDIT 2: The ODST model in the off-screen shot is definitely the same as the model in the CG teaser.

Supposedly, Halo 3 ODST is being developed by the same small number of people who made Halo Combat Evolved.And none of the Halo fps games have ever used CG cutscenes.Also, the screen that you or somebody else posted, seems to be an in-game image....

Could you please share more of the leaked Halo 3 ODST images as I would sincerly appreciate it..... :D

The thing is, I believe "Mr. Jukes" is actually a MS employee who would definitely have access to beta material such as that shown. I sure hope it wasn't he who leaked this stuff.

The thing is, I believe "Mr. Jukes" is actually a MS employee who would definitely have access to beta material such as that shown. I sure hope it wasn't he who leaked this stuff.

Bungie and MS are not above fanning the flames using viral marketing and faux drama. Then again, with them it could be REAL dramma! :p

Luke Smith from Bungie stated on NeoGAF that cut-scenes in ODST would be done in-engine, no CG stuff.

Back