[360] Halo 3: ODST

I am still on the fence buying this one or just renting it. As there are a lot of confusing infos about the length: can someone list his (rough) SP playthrough time + the game difficulty he choose? Would be a great help to decide.

hm... when I played it on normal, it took me about 4.5hrs, but I did spend time looking for the audio clips around the city while progressing.

My legendary run was maybe 7 hours, but I tried to kill everything. It can go a lot shorter if you know how the AI is placed and what weapons work best (to keep or hand out to friendly AI).

hm... when I played it on normal, it took me about 4.5hrs, but I did spend time looking for the audio clips around the city while progressing.

My legendary run was maybe 7 hours, but I tried to kill everything. It can go a lot shorter if you know how the AI is placed and what weapons work best (to keep or hand out to friendly AI).

Thanks for the info!!

Well on legendary and kill every thing (also the Hunters), search for audio files and made some tourism, it's probably more than 14-15 hours for me. But I'm also go many time in the same area to kill more Covenants, so it's not a run to the finish line style… More a "Kill'em All" style.;)

Right there... if you skip battles and speedrun levels, and know how to deal with tougher enemies then you can get through the game within a few hours. Oh, and enemies in the city respawn so you can spend a lot of time fighting them while searching for audio logs.

Like, I was fighting the first pair of Hunters for almost an hour with lots of dying. Then the second time I've played that level, I got them on the second try and relatively quickly as well... plus/minus an hour of gameplay there.

There's a one for the person who can't kill anything in the entire round, right? That's gonna be the one for me :)

Firefight is hard. You need a team. Or Al. Preferably both.

I actually got that achievement.*

*Went to Taco Bell while Al and Brit were mopping up. :)

Roger that. I'll be on this weekend.

The sheer number of enemies thrown at you in Firefight is impressive, especially on the larger open levels. It seems like more than in H3, but I've not tried to count them or anything. When they say "Waves" they aren't kidding.

Bip. Bap. Bam.

Pop! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I'm not sure if I'll be on this weekend. Depends on a Diablo II lan party happening or not. lol

The key to all of that is having the IWHBYD and Birthday skulls enabled... They truly add to the experience.

I was hoping they'd have a title update by now to add proper fire-fight game finder.

Like, I was fighting the first pair of Hunters for almost an hour with lots of dying. Then the second time I've played that level, I got them on the second try and relatively quickly as well... plus/minus an hour of gameplay there.

Everyone seems to have problems with them at that particular point.:D Years of experience fighting with them as Master Chief are useless as you have to adjust your strategies. I died once with them, and then I heard Buck saying "Hunters! I don't have time for them", so I just movved on Superintendent closed the game behind me.

Spike grenades work great for Hunters. But it takes quite a few of them on Legendary.

I was hoping they'd have a title update by now to add proper fire-fight game finder.

This is the main reason ODST isn't that high on Major Nelson's Live list, IMO. If you want a Firefight match, you have to coordinate it yourself. I know I would certainly play it more often if it was easier to get a team together.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BadTB25, Laa-Yosh, and whoever else wants to do an Achievement run:

I'll be on most of the Saturday and Sunday. We can do the 200k achievements, the Legendary run, or whatever else you want/need.

GT is same as my username. Let's do this.

Back