[360] Forza Motorsport 3

Yep, doesnt seem to be running at same resolution/AA as in-game. is it possible to work out the native res and level of AA of the vid by pixel counting? Same goes for the GT vid...

I think a new rule should be if someone suggests sub-HD resolutions they need to do some pixel counting in the same post. :LOL:

I think a new rule should be if someone suggests sub-HD resolutions they need to do some pixel counting in the same post. :LOL:

I was suggesting the exact opposite to sub-HD, rendering a higher res and scaling down for video, does that count :LOL:

In the case of GT we know they have done demonstrations of the game in Ultra HD res in real-time using multiple PS3s, im wondering if they could be doing this to give the image quality of the recent vid, rather than increase in MSAA alone.

[strike]Alright alright... I'll have a look at this Furri red car video. :rolleyes: :smile:[/strike]

Looks like replay mode. *shrug* :) Keep in mind the motion blur and DOF.

Why is there an infiniti in that drifting video? Who the hell drifts those? I also thought I saw a Lexus in there...lol. Oh and the Subie? Someone at T10 needs to lay down the pipe.

Why is there an infiniti in that drifting video? Who the hell drifts those? I also thought I saw a Lexus in there...lol. Oh and the Subie? Someone at T10 needs to lay down the pipe.

I'm pretty sure half the fun of racing games is for people to screw around and do thing not normally done in real life.

How many people race their Ferrari's and Vette's on track?

How many take lower tier cars and do swaps to go out and race?

How many drift, just in general?

Here's a lexus drifting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4i69Dm_mac

Here's an infinti drifting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMv_t4ZVJHM

The G35's are pretty much 350Z, btw.

I'm pretty sure half the fun of racing games is for people to screw around and do thing not normally done in real life.

That's not the point. Drifting isn't screwing around, it's a game mode and requires skill just like tradition racing. Fooling around is driving into things just to see them destroyed.

How many people race their Ferrari's and Vette's on track?

Do some research. Quite a few Ferrari and Vette owners take their cars to the track. Not only that but Ferraris and Vettes actually compete in profesional level racing.

How many take lower tier cars and do swaps to go out and race?

Many people do.

How many drift, just in general?

Quite a few, drifting actually became a professional sport.

I could find a video of Smart drifting too. your point?

The G35's are pretty much 350Z, btw.

Um no they're not...do some research.

I could find a video of Smart drifting too. your point?

You made the lol comment. I showed you different. End of story. Did you even click the links? it's not Ricky Ricer doing the drifting, it's a professional event using cars that you implied were silly to use.

You made the lol comment. I showed you different. End of story. Did you even click the links? it's not Ricky Ricer doing the drifting, it's a professional event using cars that you implied were silly to use.

Lexus and Infniti are paying to have their luxury cars in those events. They're commercializing it bastardizing it. Drifting was traditionally illegal racing in the mountains twisties with small RWD cars not bigass luxury cars.

Hey if you like drifting an Infiniti FX *cough* since it's basically a 350Z*cough* more power to you...lol...just looks stupid and rediculous and missing the point.

Lexus and Infniti are paying to have their luxury cars in those events. They're commercializing it bastardizing it. Drifting was traditionally illegal racing in the mountains twisties with small RWD cars not bigass luxury cars.

Hey if you like drifting an Infiniti FX *cough* since it's basically a 350Z*cough* more power to you...lol...just looks stupid and rediculous and missing the point.

Glad to see your opinion is so obviously better than his along with professional drifters... :rolleyes:

Unlike some the Japanese don't seem to discriminate against certain cars just because certain people don't think they should fit into their world view. And it would appear American's and Europeans (at least those on Top Gear Xtra and at Turn 10 and the professionals) also don't see a problem with it.

Regards,
SB

Isn't the demo supposed to be out today? It's the 24th...

Yeah but for Gold members only.

Glad to see your opinion is so obviously better than his along with professional drifters... :rolleyes:

Unlike some the Japanese don't seem to discriminate against certain cars just because certain people don't think they should fit into their world view. And it would appear American's and Europeans (at least those on Top Gear Xtra and at Turn 10 and the professionals) also don't see a problem with it.

Regards,
SB

Money talks, that's what happens when they turn it into a commercial professional enterprise. The Pros would drift Pintos if Ford paid them enough. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i can tell you, photo mode doesn't seem to change the car model at all.:smile:
n3nk2v.jpg

it's got the same benefits in and out of photo mode.

Now that demo is out it strongly doubt it. Look at the cockpit in these grabs from F3 demo. You can see the polygon edges. The reduction i polygon amount is tremendous. The curve silhouettes shows very obvious edges due to low amount of polygons. In the promo/photomode/car selection menu they are perfectly curved.

Ingame (look at mirror etc)
http://i33.tinypic.com/2f03wgz.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2lxyuyc.jpg

Replay (look at dashboard etc)
http://i34.tinypic.com/20j242w.jpg

F3 demo thread with more pics.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375118

I'm currently downloading the demo right now. Will see what's up with the graphics.

Yep, I cued up, and also bought a month of live (had to to be able to get this demo this week, annoyingly). Decided to try doing all this over the web, so when I get home I'll switch it on and test this game out.

I'm really pleased with the car selection in the demo - it contains most drivetrains and car types, so I can do a good test of the driving model.

Back