[360] Forza Motorsport 3

anyone noticed this?

1967%20Ferrari%20330%20P4_4_1.jpg

they're getting polygonal and lighting glitches inside of their new cars, someone needs to brake it to turn10 that they need to re address these issues.

lol, i think they've been giving a little too much love to that damn 2010 Audi car.............a little too much.
http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/5/9/6/8/7/3/FM3_E3_R8_2_2_.jpg.jpg

http://cdn.forzamotorsport.net/uplo...orsport_3_Screenshots/FM3_E3_R8(2).jpg?n=4123
they need to pass that love around to all 400+ cars.

the Audi is in a lot of their vids, it's a damn nice car but it's finished and they need to stop overly advertising it and pay attention to the ones that aren't.

could you do that AlStrong?

could you point out that they're having horrible glitches in their new cars........or someone?:???:

i understand a lot of people's concerns over how 360 can just barely manage to handle the detail, but now it's getting to the point where some of the people here are believing that 360 can't even handle the detail of one, or that 360 is using voodoo mysticism to be able to handle 6 to 700k for 8 cars.:rolleyes:

It should be possible, but I don't think the polycount has ever been estimated to be so high (if you are talking about 6-700.000 per car).

Great photo comparison, though as you understand, these shots are from photomode and 'replay mode'. Do we have any photos of a driving really close past an enemy AI-controlled car? I would like to see the detail there.

edit: from the GT-thread but i wanted to share (thanks stofcri), but here is some realistic damage at 40mph:
If I ever read about realistic' damage again I will get really angry :p Unless you honestly think these cars after a 40mph crash can still finish a race, in that case i will laugh ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you honestly think these cars after a 40mph crash can still finish a race, in that case i will laugh ;)

actually it depends on the circumstances, in a crash test, they ram the car with a steel frame/pole or run them in to a wall dead on

if you take 2 identical cars with rear engines and rwd and then run one of them in to the other head on at 40mph, then the car being ran in to will absorb some of the impact and may be able to drive away (some of the supercars could probably just drag their front end without the aid of the front wheels just due to having plenty of torque)

you can view the mclaren f1 crash test (the one where they crash it head on in to a wall) and see that the front wheels are still aligned for the most part and would probably be able to still drive afterwards

now consider a crash where 1 car barely clips the edge of a bumper of another car at 40mph...

you should see where i am going with this

actually it depends on the circumstances, in a crash test, they ram the car with a steel frame/pole or run them in to a wall dead on

if you take 2 identical cars with rear engines and rwd and then run one of them in to the other head on at 40mph, then the car being ran in to will absorb some of the impact and may be able to drive away (some of the supercars could probably just drag their front end without the aid of the front wheels just due to having plenty of torque)

you can view the mclaren f1 crash test (the one where they crash it head on in to a wall) and see that the front wheels are still aligned for the most part and would probably be able to still drive afterwards

now consider a crash where 1 car barely clips the edge of a bumper of another car at 40mph...

you should see where i am going with this

you are correct, but
Unless you honestly think these cars
i meant the cars in this video after they crashed. After the front wheels are under the car, and things like that.

but impressive crash with the Mclaren F1.

Here are some crashes in real-life racing situations at racing speeds with racing cars :D
Looks like most could get away with it, but probably are not allowed.

Second, the brake lights don't seem to be lights. They're just really flat and don't look particularly great - in fact, they stand out as one of the weakest bits of an otherwise mostly really good looking game. This is certainly a large step up from Forza 2, that's for sure.

Are you referring to the brake light housing or the illumination?

Are you referring to the brake light housing or the illumination?

The illumination ... at least, the 2D texture patched onto it that's supposed to pass for illumination. :D (at least that's what it looks like ... if they used anything more advanced, something went wrong, but even if they did just use this, they could probably have done better).

The housing is mostly fine, especially since they fixed the weird pink-like effect by adjusting the opacity (at least that's what it looks like), something which looked a bit weird in the E3 builds.

Anyway, demo is coming soon, so we can look at things more closely.

I guess we will see Thursday. It didn't stick out too oddly to me, seemed about right for a tail light during daylight hours but I haven't been focusing on them. The depth of the housing has stood out and looked quite nice to my eyes though. The cars feel more "deep" this time, both in rendering and the addition of interiors which, when racing closely, gives the vehicles a really solid look.

Also here:

Amusing that 'the other game' has something similar for the Ferrari 458 ... :LOL:

Also here:

Amusing that 'the other game' has something similar for the Ferrari 458 ... :LOL:

I think more of the manufacturers should do this, getting all the games to showcase their cars in this way is a good marketing move, and very welcome for us consumers!

The 'other game' video is truly stunning in places btw..

I think more of the manufacturers should do this, getting all the games to showcase their cars in this way is a good marketing move, and very welcome for us consumers!

The 'other game' video is truly stunning in places btw..

Hehe. Im not so sure if the Ferrari buyer demographic plays video games. Or if potential ferrari buyers would be in anyway influenced by video gaming marketing video's.

That being said, for companies that dont allready have the strongest brand name in the world (and perhaps dont costs as much as housing) this could benefit them.

Is that Ferrari video CGI or game engine?

oh for forza3 it was realtime.;)

25ps74l.jpg

i'm extreemly impressed with the realtime detail on the tire with the spokes of the tire receiving very good modeled detail.
n3nk2v.jpg

i saw both forza3 and GT5's rendition of the 458 Italia.

I liked GT5's more cause it was extremely classy and sensual, but i would have to say the award goes to forza3's cause it was using all ingame graphics. GT5's was using a lot of smooth in and out close ups and transitions, coupled with a strong blend of AA and depth of field. (features of a photo mode but in motion)

here's both vids

GT5
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_gran_turismo_5_ferrari_458_italia-12957_en.html

forza3
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm#/video/2322/

I like PD's clearcoat shader. From shallow angles it looks very realistic especially in low light conditions. That's something that T10 has yet to pull off. Of course the GT5 Ferrar trailer looks to be all CGI from what I could tell.

well, i can tell you, photo mode doesn't seem to change the car model at all.:smile:
n3nk2v.jpg

it's got the same benefits in and out of photo mode.

well, i can tell you, photo mode doesn't seem to change the car model at all.:smile:

it's got the same benefits in and out of photo mode.

In several ingame racing videos it can be seen the polygon amount is drastically reduced as you can spot polygonal edges which you cant in photomode of same car. Really be glad it hits the himalaya mountain tops and dont expect it to reach mars or you will be greatly dissapointed.

oh for forza3 it was realtime.;)

25ps74l.jpg

i'm extreemly impressed with the realtime detail on the tire with the spokes of the tire receiving very good modeled detail.
n3nk2v.jpg

i saw both forza3 and GT5's rendition of the 458 Italia.

I liked GT5's more cause it was extremely classy and sensual, but i would have to say the award goes to forza3's cause it was using all ingame graphics. GT5's was using a lot of smooth in and out close ups and transitions, coupled with a strong blend of AA and depth of field. (features of a photo mode but in motion)

here's both vids

GT5
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_gran_turismo_5_ferrari_458_italia-12957_en.html

forza3
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm#/video/2322/
Forza3 looks too clean as well to me just like the FT video to consider it 100% real time.

Forza3 looks too clean as well to me just like the FT video to consider it 100% real time.

Yep, doesnt seem to be running at same resolution/AA as in-game. is it possible to work out the native res and level of AA of the vid by pixel counting? Same goes for the GT vid...

Back