[360] Forza Motorsport 3

I thought when "realistic damage" was said is the fact that your car actually takes damage. To the suspension, transmission, engine, etc?

Yea, definitely, your car can start autosteering to one side, the engine can get shot etc, even small things like your top speed being reduced due to damage to body panels affecting aerodynamics.

I don't know if GT5's damage affects vehicle behavious or if its purely cosmetic.

I thought when "realistic damage" was said is the fact that your car actually takes damage. To the suspension, transmission, engine, etc?

I thought the same too.

On top of that, a Forza 2 car crashing looks like a car actually crashing, with cars showing weight and physics. This is not the same for GT5P (and, from the look of it, the full game either) where it's either pinball or cars come to a dead stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
1996%20Ferrari%20F50%20GT_1_1.jpg

It would be nice to compare a photomode shot like this with a high quality realtime gameplay grab. My expectations are this high but the recent vids at Gamersyde look great (even if non-720p and offscreen) and I am curious what the drop off is, especially in aliasing. 4 days until the demo :)

hmmmm, i don't know if any car manufacturer would allow their cars to get much totaled like burnout paradise period. (it's bad advertising, they want to have their cars viewed as reliable and safe.:LOL:)

honestly speaking it doesn't seem so bad now but I'm thinking it's not going to be to good for the next console generation. if these manufactures are going to persist like this they're going to REALLY effect the penitential of racing sim's of the next gen ( you know, 100 mph and only a bumper or a hood and some dents, or for selected vehicles.......in the year 2014? )

anyways, photo mode and realtime....hmmmm,

i know photo mode adds more AA to the picture but when people talk about it they depict it to be an entire face lift.

is that true?

1967%20Ferrari%20330%20P4_7_1.jpg

2005%20Ferrari%20FXX_11_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipRtBz1z2U

i don't know, they do it so natural i can hardly tell for myself, if there is a change going on some where. (not being sarcastic.......i really don't know :cry:)

i do know that the interior looks a whole lot better in gameplay than in some of the interior shots I've seen lately.

That may very well be true, but your post history doesn't give me any confidence to trust your posting trends :smile:

seriously, I see comparisons coming up;
the e3 "fully in-game replay editor made" (lol) trailer, versus the game.
The PR-shots versus the game. You name it.
Comparison videos with 2007 gt5p, or even 2005 pgr3

Plus I predict people in this thread going "no! this demo is pre-alpha, the final game in 2 weeks will look much better, and have damage turned to full" and what not ;)

seriously, I see comparisons coming up;
the e3 "fully in-game replay editor made" (lol) trailer, versus the game.
The PR-shots versus the game. You name it.
Comparison videos with 2007 gt5p, or even 2005 pgr3

Plus I predict people in this thread going "no! this demo is pre-alpha, the final game in 2 weeks will look much better, and have damage turned to full" and what not ;)

Standard reactions as will be with GT5 as it was with GT5p promo and ingame. Just the way of the interweb society! :LOL:

Standard reactions as will be with GT5 as it was with GT5p promo and ingame. Just the way of the interweb society! :LOL:

So true :p
At gaf somebody posted a link to the GT:HD thread. It was at the end of 2006, that was some good stuff i tell you :)
edit: offtopic but:
The car shaders are mostly very convincing. The lighting could be improved though.
It has since been regarded to as the most realistic lightning in any racing game, ever. It's too funny :D

i know photo mode adds more AA to the picture but when people talk about it they depict it to be an entire face lift.

is that true?
who knows
heres a screenshot of forza2, does it look like this when youre playing it?
932731_20070502_screen011.jpg

who knows

No, that's definitely photomode.

That shot also reminds me that Forza 3 (in some pics at least) doesn't look all that different to F2.

I think the biggest IQ & graphics improvements between 2 and 3 will be seen in realtime gameplay.

who knows

Whoa, were the cars in Forza 2 that low poly that it even looks really low poly in the PR shots?

And thanks for that shot, gives me more appreciation for how far Forza 3 has come with regards to Forza 2. There's just no comparison between the two. Forza 3 is a huge leap forwards compared to that.

Haven't spent this much time looking at racing games since around 2003 timeframe. :)

Regards,
SB

E2K: Some of us aren't too caught up in the tit-4-tat and try to abide by the forums no-console-wars mantra. There is a time and place for everything and a proper GT5/FMIII thread will be made, with a technical orientation, when both are released. And the hope is stupid troll bait stuff like "no debris in FM2!" will get the obvious baiters banned. We really do like to elevate our discussion to a higher level here, hence why a lot of us just bail on these threads as due to the nature of the product they are flamebait.

Anyhow, back to the photomode shots: FM2 can produce some pretty nice shots if you carefully take them. That said I would suggest Zed and others who are trying to see how FM2/FMIII differ to head to Gamersyde:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_more_forza_3_-8531_en.html

The gameplay videos look a lot better than anything in FM2, especially the cars, textures, trees, and buildings. Just look at NY. It may still suffer from texture filtering issues, AA issues, etc (we will know shortly) but the graphics are a lot better. IMO it blows shift away. About the only thing I was digging in shift vids was particles seem to hang longer.

Now my FM4 wishlist: 20+ cars, Burnout style damage system + "ultra" realism mode, offline MP with AI, map maker, day cycle and weather w/ weather sim dynamics, DLC "episodes" focusing on offroad, oval, etc racing.

who knows

well, no body plays a game with the camera facing that way......so the experience is different.:rolleyes:

being realistic here, going by that shot that you showed you can see that the trees didn't receive mega detailed textures as well as the ground textures too. the only changes is the added smooth motion blur and the increase in AA.

now, having said all that we to focus on forza3. (which doesn't use anything of forza2 graphics related.)

even useing print-screens (which are dull and blocky) i can say that the only thing that photo mode offers is more AA and smoother motion blur. the outline of the vehicles and even the textures are the same.

photo mode.

FM3_LeMans_15.jpg

realtime
aebbmb.jpg

http://cdn.forzamotorsport.net/uplo...za_3_LeMans_Official/FM3_LeMans_13.jpg?n=8418
http://i27.tinypic.com/jgppip.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/25zs0aw.jpg

this shot here shows real good detail on both the tire and on the road, which isn't a photo mode shot.
http://i37.tinypic.com/29ncci9.jpg

i understand a lot of people's concerns over how 360 can just barely manage to handle the detail, but now it's getting to the point where some of the people here are believing that 360 can't even handle the detail of one car, or that 360 is using voodoo mysticism to be able to handle 6 to 700k for 8 cars.:rolleyes:

I have been very impressed by all the F3 shots showing wheel and tire detail, I think T10 has set a new benchmark in that kind of modelling.

I'll be happy with Forza 3's graphics if the environments and tracks look better than GT5 (even if GT5 has the edge in car models), as I only drive in internal views, so I track detail is more important to me than vehicle detail.

It won't be very fun offline as its only 2 player (unless u system link of course).

Have they added the option to include AI bots in split screen races, like PGR?
Dunno yet--I hope so. Because 2 people + AI is fun enough. Hmmm System link, 4 peeps + 4 AI ... now that would be downright cool!

Albert, get Che on the phone. Wez wantz owrz AIz!

Back