1up clearly states Crysis spinoff coming to the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instincts used a completely different engine from Far Cry, also at that point Crytek was no longer with Ubisoft, Ubisoft owning the rights still to the Far Cry brand name. It was a very different situation, as well Instincts was much more than just tweaks to the storyline and it was not even really in a similar vein of gameplay.

The CryEngine was used to make all existing FarCrys. Now, I am not saying its wasn't heavily modified to deal with the limitation of consoles but it isn't considered a totally different engine.

Instincts wasn't just tweaks there were additional mechanics added with the loss of some of open ended aspects. However, the technical specs disparity between the xbox 360 and the lowest PC denominator specs won't be as large as the disparity that existed between the xbox and the low end PC of 2004.

I thought the 1up podcast merely had Crytek stating that if they were going to bring it to consoles, it'd have to be a spinoff type thing, not a direct port (like FarCry: Instincts Vs FarCry). I didn't hear it, but from what I read people saying, I didn't see mention of a confirmation of any sort.

They talked about it as if it was a existing product, but then again they could have misinterpeted and crytek may have been speaking hypothetically imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back