Ninja Gaiden Sigma a port? Who cares?

Has NG2 been announced as multi-platform or no? As Sigma introduces the series to Sony loyalists and NG1 being a popular Xbox title for the MSFT lot, multi-platform seems to be in implied by this move IMO (then again I could just be a complete ass for thinking so:oops: ).

Has NG2 been announced as multi-platform or no? As Sigma introduces the series to Sony loyalists and NG1 being a popular Xbox title for the MSFT lot, multi-platform seems to be in implied by this move IMO (then again I could just be a complete ass for thinking so:oops: ).

Tecmo is working hard in PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It's too much money for only one game. And this simply doesn't make sense. IMO, NG2 will be timed exclusive for X360.

Tecmo is working hard in PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It's too much money for only one game. And this simply doesn't make sense. IMO, NG2 will be timed exclusive for X360.

Yeah timed exclusive is a good guess. I can see them taking the same strategy that Konami used for the second MGS game that debuted on the PS2. I didn't purchase an Xbox but almost did just for Ninja Gaiden. I soon had a flashback and remembered how evil the NES game was, cried and than hid under my bed.:cry:

Not neccessarily. They could be using this as a test case for PS3 development, while they're creating NG2 for XB360. Officially, this is a PS3 exclusive. XB360 isn't getting NG:S; it's getting NG2 instead.

Not neccessarily. They could be using this as a test case for PS3 development, while they're creating NG2 for XB360. Officially, this is a PS3 exclusive. XB360 isn't getting NG:S; it's getting NG2 instead.

I agree about the test case 100% and am aware of the PS3 exclusivity but the mention of a timed release for NG2 (for PS3) is what I'm guessing could be a result of this test. I simply don't know.

i think they will see how NGS sells on the PS3, THEN they may consider porting NG2 to the PS3. NG2 doesn't come out for a while afaik.

Crayon, open the game and plug it into your dusty xbox now! I would have a very difficult time naming a better action based game last gen. Or save yourself the surprise and purchase this version for your ps3. In all it's HD glory! :devilish:

That's the problem! HD glory vs Play the game I already have. Kind of a stalemate.

Shortly afeter I got NG, DMC3 came out. So I got my share of broken controllers. I think some of my hair fell out playing that game....

That's the problem! HD glory vs Play the game I already have. Kind of a stalemate.

Shortly afeter I got NG, DMC3 came out. So I got my share of broken controllers. I think some of my hair fell out playing that game....

Well how bout this for compromise:
Pop the game in your xbox (I know it's getting dusty in a closet somewhere but trust me, it'll take you a minute to hook up) If after the first boss fight you don't like the game, it cost you nothing more than your existing investment. If you dig it, stop playing and pick up the ps3 version (It should be much nicer by all accounts).

To me this game was gold. But then I have an odd appreciation for asian culture themes, Anime etc. At it's peak, it was as close to controlling/being a Ninja as I've seen in a videogame. Actually I'd take it one step further. It was possibly the best at connecting you the player to your character.

The game isn't as difficult as some make it out to be. Once you get the hang of the games control scheme, you'll be schooling the opponents all day. The camera is the only bad side and even that is taken care of in most cases by recentering with the LT (this will become second nature). This along with the block and rhythm of block attack should do you well into the game. It's funny I'm typing this about NG yet I never beat it. I got to the lava level and beat everyone (I think) and died repeatedly trying to find where Rachel is as the rocks fall from underneath my feet. I figured I got close enough and I didn't need to see the very ending that bad! :LOL:

The end boss sequence(s) is the only time I said to myself "you have got to be kidding me" with this game. Other than that, difficult but hardly the worst and the thing with NG is the game is fair (mostly) unlike others where you feel there is no point as the game cheats, NG does reward better playing skills with wins. Not to mention the game is just too cool to not keep playing to see what comes next. :cool:

After the air-ship battle, this game really reminded me of old-school gaming refreshed and done right... I think at this time is when I fell in love with it. :oops:

Great game. :cool:

i almost broke my controller a few times playing DMC3. but man... what a game. best action game last gen imo, and my favorite game of all time. the depth in the combat system is unbelievable. after spending 100+ hours on DMC3, i spent another 50+ hours on DMC3SE as vergil.

i almost broke my controller a few times playing DMC3. but man... what a game. best action game last gen imo, and my favorite game of all time. the depth in the combat system is unbelievable. after spending 100+ hours on DMC3, i spent another 50+ hours on DMC3SE as vergil.

DMC3 is quite amazing. I have the origional version with the effed up difficulty settings. I hear that it's way harder than even the infamous Nnija Gaiden.

FOr what it's worth, my favortie action game (favorite game, period) of last gen was Zone of the Enders 2. That's where my sig is from.

In their defence, they're citing 3 new chapters, all-new textures, models, enemies and animations, 60 FPS and the ability to load the entire game onto your HDD to get it loading faster. Oh, and Rachel:

However, most of the new changes are for the freshly playable Rachel, who will have a completely separate catalogue of attacks and animations, new story missions and mission-mode levels, as well as the sort of jiggly body-parts only Team Ninja can integrate.

The Xbox versions were already 60fps. The HDD loading is definitely a plus, though.

You have to admit that Sigma is lazy. A great game being upgraded for stronger hardware, but still. That's like Nintendo repackaging a Wii version of Super Mario Sunshine with slightly better animations and textures and one new level, with Wii-mote controls, and charging $50... as opposed to a new game ala Super Mario Galaxy.

Hopefully [for PS3 owners] Sigma is either just an epilogue or a sample of what's to come.

Hopefully [for me] Tecmo is really delivering the true NG sequel exclusively to Xbox 360. ;)

I've played both. Compared with DMC3, Ninja Gaiden is a cakewalk.

AFAIC NG is as hard as I would ever want a game to be, anything beyond that is borderline masochism. Maybe DMC is much harder, but that certainly doesn't increase it's apeal as far as I'm concerned.

AFAIC NG is as hard as I would ever want a game to be, anything beyond that is borderline masochism. Maybe DMC is much harder, but that certainly doesn't increase it's apeal as far as I'm concerned.

I never said it did. I've never said anything positive about the game DMC3 and I've only said good things about NG.

DMC3 and NG are still all right in term of difficulty. Shinobi on the hardest difficulty is tougher by a notch than those two.

NG Sigma will probably be my next action game, well maybe Heavenly Sword, see which one is out first. I am glad that they added extra difficulty level. Now, Black is a cakewalk and I get bored when a game becomes easy.

i didn't find DMC hard at all, until the Hard/DMD modes. the hardest part about DMC3 is it takes a while to learn. once you learn the game, it is quite easy on the easier modes and also very fun to play.

I think the only reason why DMC is so hard at the default difficulty is because the game is so short. If you could just blow through the game and only die a few times the gamer would not feel like he accomplished much.

When I was much younger I probably cared more about a game being actually difficult or a challenge to beat. You could brag to your friends about how you beat the game etc.

Nowadays I really only want a game to be hard enough to play through without getting frustrated. Like that spike climb near the end of God of War. That damn near made me not want to beat the game. I was like, this is really good game but I don't need to take this. Eventually I did beat it, but I think my overall impression of the game would have been more glowing if it wasn't for that one part of the game.

Capcom games tend to be really cruel to the gamer. DMC3 I never beat the final boss to this day just because the final boss was so hard I just put the game down. And every time I think about picking it back up I think "why should I torture myself?" Resident Evil4 I absolutely love, but there are some quick time events that are just way too hard! Plus they threw in some boss encounters that could insta-kill you forcing you to start again. Why Capcom why?!

I think the only reason why DMC is so hard at the default difficulty is because the game is so short. If you could just blow through the game and only die a few times the gamer would not feel like he accomplished much.
i disagree. i think DMC1 and 3 are fairly long. they are both certainly longer than GoW (God of War, not Gears). i would estimate about 15-20 hours on your first run through of both DMC1 and 3, which is decently long imo. theres also plenty of replay value as well, especially DMC3.

i find that games in the past were much more difficult compared to the games of today. games are just too easy these days, and people complain if you die a few times. i think the difficulty in DMC is just right, personally.

DMC3 I never beat the final boss to this day just because the final boss was so hard I just put the game down. And every time I think about picking it back up I think "why should I torture myself?"

Vergil-3 shouldn't be hard on normal or easy difficulty, just use Royal Guard and just parry everything he throws at you, sneak in just release in there when you build enough rage and attack him when he is doing nothing. DMC3 parry is easier to do than say SF3. Should defeat him pretty quick.

Back