Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo up on PSN

For those of us who only got as far as Alma on the original, is there a lot left to make this worth going through again and finishing it to the end?

For those of us who only got as far as Alma on the original, is there a lot left to make this worth going through again and finishing it to the end?

The game is a whole lot longer than getting to Alma. There's quite a journey.

Yes, finish it.

Lot's of cool bosses follow, only thing that isn't as much fun are those awful ghost fish.

I presume you mean the first Alma.

ultragpu said:
those "this is living ads" freaked me out good.
Me too.

There's two?!? :oops:

I got stuck on the one near the church altar, i assume thats the first?

Yup. The second version is a whole lot worse (and very different in appearance). You missed out on a few different-looking locations too. Go back and do it!

This game is so brutally hard it's a little bit sadistic!

It seems they injected an unbeatable boss after the horseman boss battle. This samurai with blue fire for his face. I think he is called Doku. I'm pretty sure there is no way to beat him at this point in the game. I checked a walk through and in NG Black he is one of the last bosses.

Anyway by the time I got to the Airship level I got my ass kicked so many times the game took pity on me and put me in pussy mode. It's still very hard, but you get lots of extra heath snacks and stuff to help you out.

There was about 11 people on the ranking board when I checked. So I guess several have already beaten the game.

That Doku scene was only a cut-scene in the original game. Now it's playable in Sigma and I read somewhere that you can actually beat him but it's VERY difficult.

That Doku scene was only a cut-scene in the original game. Now it's playable in Sigma and I read somewhere that you can actually beat him but it's VERY difficult.

Hm... I figured they would make it like the battle with Murai in the first level instead. i.e. you damage him a lot but then it goes to the cut-scene, so you don't actually beat him. The difference being that if he kills you outright, you'd still see the cut-scene and get pwned - you lose no matter what!

Do you recall where you read that?

Ok I dug it up:

Doku

Remember the fist time you saw Doku, the blue-energy bad ass that cold-clocked Ryu in his first cutscene? You get to actually go mano a mano with the bruiser on the PS3. It's one of those fights that you're supposed to lose -- and the clad-in-black goliath will probably make sure that you do -- but if you can beat the nigh-impenetrable fortress of a villain, there's an extra special reward coming your way.

Ok, we really need spoiler tags in this forum ala GAF. Some of us PS3 owners haven't played the game yet (and this is a Ninja Gaiden on PS3 thread after all).

Exactly, being a demonstration of the game, it is likely that the full version will be the same in those regards.

Back