Have you ever been banned at any Forum?

I've been close on this forum for basically losing my patience with kids on the console forum, but never banned. I'm a new person now, i hardly post at all, and i certainly never feed the trolls. Now i look at the forums and when i see abusive posts i just go "Awww... bless 'em" whereas before i used to always try to "make them understand" which is a totally futile exercise.

EDIT: See, i had just spelled "patience", "patients"... had to edit it, hurt my eyes seeing it lying there....

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I was ever banned was a temp-ban here last week.

Because I posted a comedy thread with content ripped from my blog. The subject? Fruit fucking.

Now if I were just anybody with a zero post-count, I'd agree with the temp-ban. I've been here since 2000, though; posting 2 years before the forum changeover. And the content was clearly comedy and not real fruit/appliance sex. I used some profanity, and a few derogatory remarks, but it was all in good fun.

Are you sure you and K.I.L.E.R. aren't the same person?

The only time I was ever banned was a temp-ban here last week.

Because I posted a comedy thread with content ripped from my blog. The subject? Fruit fucking.

Now if I were just anybody with a zero post-count, I'd agree with the temp-ban. I've been here since 2000, though; posting 2 years before the forum changeover. And the content was clearly comedy and not real fruit/appliance sex. I used some profanity, and a few derogatory remarks, but it was all in good fun.
:LOL: I remember that, and if I remember correctly, your ban was issued because some of us thought that your account might have been hacked or something along those lines. Didn't a mod PM'ed you after that to explain you the situation?
In any case, sorry for the inconvenience.
Nope, I ain't never been banned before nowhere!! Though <cough> there's always a first time.
I thought that you have been banned from your local "sassy hairdo club", your barber and from Cincinatti's Chuck E. Cheese (for "indecent exposure" reasons), what gives?

I think the reputation system has failed on B3D if someone can be suspended repeatedly and yet still be in the positive.

Oh well, no system is perfect.
Users can't give reputation in the General discussion forums.
Someone can get banned from RSPC and still have a positive reputation.

I was banned from Beyobnd3D ages ago.
I sent a particularly nasty e-mail to one of the members here about some racist comments but I went too far.

:LOL: I remember that, and if I remember correctly, your ban was issued because some of us thought that your account might have been hacked or something along those lines. Didn't a mod PM'ed you after that to explain you the situation?
In any case, sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, right, then didn't complain about it for several days, and when it was complained about, it was addressed to Wavey, who'd very publicly stepped down some weeks previously. It was just very odd looking all around.

I think members vs moderators have a very different conception of what temp bans are all about. I think members tend to think "I'm being punished", where moderators tend to think "for the good of the board, that account needs a little vacation right now".

several :)
First one would be the madonion forums, forget why.
Been banned from hardforum for not being a typical nvidia fanboi ;)
Been banned from rage3d a few times because I liked to shake things up a bit.
I really liked talking shit to a certain member who had a v6 camaro :LOL:

It was because of the LCDs on the Camaro, wasn't it? :LOL:

several :)
First one would be the madonion forums, forget why.
Been banned from hardforum for not being a typical nvidia fanboi ;)
Been banned from rage3d a few times because I liked to shake things up a bit.
I really liked talking shit to a certain member who had a v6 camaro :LOL:

I thought that you have been banned from your local "sassy hairdo club", your barber and from Cincinatti's Chuck E. Cheese (for "indecent exposure" reasons), what gives?

No, no, I indecently exposed myself to my barber when he commented on my hair loss. That and he didn't understand what I meant by hirsute loins. The Chuck E. Cheese ban was for beating the shit out of that 10yo in the parking lot for hustling me out of my quarters at the Mortal Kombat machine. First time player, my ass.

Baned once from Gamespot. There was a particular sixstar there who was simply over the top crazy. I made up a post about how me and him went on a date with (as in, male-male- romance) and I complained about how he was very tight with his money and kept taking calls on the cell phone.

I found it very funny. Apparently, noone else did.

You sound like me.

Baned once from Gamespot. There was a particular sixstar there who was simply over the top crazy. I made up a post about how me and him went on a date with (as in, male-male- romance) and I complained about how he was very tight with his money and kept taking calls on the cell phone.

I found it very funny. Apparently, noone else did.

Back