Have you ever been banned at any Forum?

I think there needs to be a time limit, perhaps.

I will say things, hit submit. Then re-read and then it looks/sounds different than what I wanted it to. So I go back and change it.
I'd say that that's what preview is for.

How about a full edit log?
You're allowed to edit old posts. But diffs will be saved, and each edited post have a link to the full revision history. I think that woud be a cool feature.

I'd say that that's what preview is for.
I would too. But I always see the problem after hitting submit, not preview. ;)

How about a full edit log?
You're allowed to edit old posts. But diffs will be saved, and each edited post have a link to the full revision history. I think that woud be a cool feature.
Sounds good! :)

And be busted for my obsessive-compulsive typo fixing of my own posts? No thanks! :LOL:

Special enough to get noticed by all the mods? No. Its not exactly hard to get on the bad side of a single mod though whos just going to wait for an excuse to send you packing.

I don't know how it works elsewhere; but other than outright spammers, it doesn't work that way here in my experience (i.e. single mod tossing permabans out, that is, of any of the three varieties available to us).

And be busted for my obsessive-compulsive typo fixing of my own posts? No thanks! :LOL:
I was thinking of the fits Ratch & Rys would throw over the hackery & database space it would take up, but I'm reticent to give up my magical editing abilities here after thinking about it. :LOL:

See? ;)

If it's stored in diff format, most edits wouldn't need to take much space. Except for the rare total rewrites, and that's where you really want to see the history.

As for getting busted for "obsessive-compulsive typo fixing".
I'd much rather have a log that shows that I made a typo fix, than just have a "last edited" line. Sometimes I don't fix typos, just because it will add a "last edited" line. Because that line says: "This user had an immense brain fart right here and made a complete ass out of himself. But as that was pointed out to him, he tried to rewrite history and change what he said. (Or he just corrected a typo.)"

what_the.jpg

Nope, I ain't never been banned before nowhere!! Though <cough> there's always a first time.

:p

I've been permabanned from my ISPs gaming forums twice!

First time I was banned while I was an admin there because I let my GF now certain inside admin knowledge. She got banned too.

Second time under a new login was because my GF and I decided to start our own game server in compeition to them. They decided to preemptively ban both of our new logins to stop us from spamming their forum which we never did nor planned on doing. Pfft.

I was never banned. And i know why - back in school when I was 14 or 15, my psychology teacher made a test to reveal the temperament everyone has. I got +4 on "choleric"... When we all conducted our tests, the teacher asked if anyone has more than 3 in any area, noting that anything above is abit on the extreme :D . So then I started self-controlling myself. In case of forums - I usually write what I think, then I start rereading and editing the most harsh sentencies :).

I have been banned from a forum.

I emailed a user personally to tell him exactly what I thought of him. This guy was a jackass.

If he was within driving distance, he would have had a nice visit. But alas he is the otherside of the country.

No wonder you were banned with that sort of attitude ....

If it's stored in diff format, most edits wouldn't need to take much space. Except for the rare total rewrites, and that's where you really want to see the history.

As for getting busted for "obsessive-compulsive typo fixing".
I'd much rather have a log that shows that I made a typo fix, than just have a "last edited" line. Sometimes I don't fix typos, just because it will add a "last edited" line. Because that line says: "This user had an immense brain fart right here and made a complete ass out of himself. But as that was pointed out to him, he tried to rewrite history and change what he said. (Or he just corrected a typo.)"
There's the possibility of edit history for edits where a pattern and frequency of characters have changed, and so to ignore the minor typo edits. Something for us to have a think about, but it'll be low down the list for the time being.

I was banned from AtomicMPC because of talking to a serial troll called Superheroworship.
_One_ moderator decided both he and I were the same person (I requested that both our IP's be posted to disprove that) so I was banned.

They can go f*ck themselves to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I was ever banned was a temp-ban here last week.

Because I posted a comedy thread with content ripped from my blog. The subject? Fruit fucking.

Now if I were just anybody with a zero post-count, I'd agree with the temp-ban. I've been here since 2000, though; posting 2 years before the forum changeover. And the content was clearly comedy and not real fruit/appliance sex. I used some profanity, and a few derogatory remarks, but it was all in good fun.
Oh god, I remember that.

No wonder you were banned with that sort of attitude ....

Doesnt really bother me. Forum went downhill ages ago. Its just that the user was most probably the typical geek with glasses who got beat up at school by joe-6pack! Hence he couldnt take the rebuke that I sent him and cried all the way to the admins and brown nosed his way to getting me a ban.

Over a huge fiasco involving some terrible attitudes from the administration, a good friend of mine got permabanned and I got put on read-only access at one board.

A while later, the ROA expired, I posted again a few times, and got put back on ROA a week later.

Went over the regular mods' heads, talked to the site admin, and got posting rights back the next day.

It's a big time family-friendly board and I'm a bit too... blunt... about some things for their liking. =)

Bluntness and sarcasm FTW

Yeah, i've been. On just 1 forum and with good reason. Not because of me but because of dumb s**of******* at Rage3D. Thankfully i don't regret the words i said there.
Damn idiotic fanATIcs. As soon as you compared just 1 feature that was better on GeForce than on Radeon they all jumped up like it's for their lives. ATI is god, Radeon is da best, yadidadida... Then i was flaming (since when is civilized comparing equaled with flaming!?!?!?) and then some dumb moderators got smart and i sent them where sun doesn't shine too often. Then they banned me (thank god). I've never ever visited that site again (and i don't have any plans to do that in the future either). I can talk about Radeons in more civilized manner on NVNews than i could talk about GeForces on Rage3D. And no one accuses me of anything either even if i say: "Radeons have this and that better than GeForce". Period. Same as for NVNews also applies for Guru3D and Beyond3D. Good forums.

Back