Call Of Duty 3 Footage

Actually, I think it's 360-footage. A blue x-button appears on screen and it looks like an xbox 360 x-button to me.

well to me they ruined the sequel to my favorite online shooter

1) not made by Infinity Ward and
2) supposedly it's more like Battlefield
3) Not the graphical upgrade that I was expecting (although the faces look pretty danged good)

I take it that Treyarch (Edited) isn't exactly as favored a developer as IW.

In any case, looks "alright" I suppose. I'd like to see some more footage and such soon, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we don't want to download it could somebody say how good it looks? I heard that the 360 version doesn't have lighting somehow.

Tap In said:
I doubt it matters; I'm certian they'll be nearly indistinguishable.
Yeah most likely. A recent EGM hinted that they will be almost exactly the same except the ps3 might get slightly more lighting effects.

nintenho said:
If we don't want to download it could somebody say how good it looks? I heard that the 360 version doesn't have lighting somehow.
Well honestly, to me, it looks like COD2 with slightly better visuals, I think mainly in the character models. I was never really a fan of COD2 so I cant say I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure the 360 version has lighting lol. It's just something about more lighting sources for ps3 version. But they will both look very close. I'll try to find the quote in my stack of magazines later.

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah most likely. A recent EGM hinted that they will be almost exactly the same except the ps3 might get slightly more lighting effects.

Well honestly, to me, it looks like COD2 with slightly better visuals, I think mainly in the character models. I was never really a fan of COD2 so I cant say I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure the 360 version has lighting lol. It's just something about more lighting sources for ps3 version. But they will both look very close. I'll try to find the quote in my stack of magazines later.
Okay. The last one was funner with a controller so maybe this will be worth it. Even the Wii version looked decent but I was wondering if the "normal" version would look a lot different for 360.

nintenho said:
Okay. The last one was funner with a controller so maybe this will be worth it. Even the Wii version looked decent but I was wondering if the "normal" version would look a lot different for 360.
By normal I think you mean PS3 + 360 versions? Well heres the exact quote I was referring to.

pg.78 in the July 06 issue
Electronics Gaming Monthly said:
The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty 3 will look about the same, although the PS3 game will have more light sources and other touches. All screens are from the Xbox 360 unless otherwise noted
They also mention we should be seeing more media on COD3 on the week of July 4th.

oh..and about the COD2 to COD3 upgrades...
...but the leap past CoD2 is a considerable one. Most of the in-game systems have been rebuilt from scratch: Characters move more realistically, environments are laced with high-res textures and more shaders ...; and explosion, lighting, and gunfire effects are all well done. Foliage, for instance, flattens when someone walks over it.

Perhaps the most impressive technological achievement we've seen from the game is simply how many human characters the team has been able to get onscreen at once.
I suppose there are more differences than the video was showing. EGM mentions there is also a psp version in the works.

and about the Wii version; the controller ofcourse will be paid special attention to:
With the [Wii] game, because of its accelerometers and position-pointing device in the actual remote, we've freed the player up. We're going to be spending quite a bit of time in the coming months tweaking that until we get it just right."

Bad_Boy said:
By normal I think you mean PS3 + 360 versions? Well heres the exact quote I was referring to.

pg.78 in the July 06 issue

I meant the non-Wii versions. Probably the PS3/360/PC versions use all the same assets? Wii version did look decent from what I saw but I'm more interested in playing a "normal" version of this unless the Wii controller makes this type of game better.

For interest about the Wii version is there any movie or so to compare, its coming to all consoles, PS2 Xbox also if i recall right?

I think it looks a bit better than people let on. It still has that gorgeous smoke from the COD2 360.

But it does look basically like COD2. BIA has passed this up graphically.

Put it this way, who would disagree this doesn't look better than Resistance?

I'm a bit more impressed even on subsequent viewings. Very frenetic. Like I said I think the main problem is people expected a awesome ground up engine ala BIA, instead it's COD2+.

hope these aren't too big....

not bad
media

media

Back