SEGA's PS3 launch title in Japan

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/hochi/sports/mar/o20060306_30.htm

According to the Japanese sports newspaper Hochi Shimbun, SEGA is currently developing an unannounced golf game for the PS3 launch. It features Ai Miyazato, an LPGA professional female golfer born in 1985, and her 2 older brothers who are also professional golfers. The game will be completed as early as this Spring. A SEGA spokesperson says the details will be announced later, but the shoot for a TV commercial of the game was already completed according to the sources. The article is scarce of the details of the game except that it features very realistic golf wear...

one said:

According to the Japanese sports newspaper Hochi Shimbun, SEGA is currently developing an unannounced golf game for the PS3 launch. It features Ai Miyazato, an LPGA professional female golfer born in 1985, and her 2 older brothers who are also professional golfers. The game will be completed as early as this Spring. A SEGA spokesperson says the details will be announced later, but the shoot for a TV commercial of the game was already completed according to the sources. The article is scarce of the details of the game except that it features very realistic golf wear...
So riddle me this...why would a game be completed without a console.

Golf games are rather fun, watching/playing Golf itself is the one i find extremely boring. :LOL:

one said:

ahm...golf game?Where is the Sega I knew that used to make mind blowing games near a console's launch?
I expected something more worth of attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega has done golf games before, so it wouldn't be an entirely new departure for them.

I wonder, though, how this will get on if there's a Hot Shots title near launch also..

I actually kinda like golf games... Call me crazy...

If Sega can do to golf games what they did to Tennis games with virtua Tennis, then i'll surely be following this very closely! But i'm not sure what the probabilities of that happening are.

Nesh said:
ahm...golf game?Where is the Sega I knew that used to make mind blowing games near a console's launch?
I expected something more worth of attention.

Well, not to nitpick but they used to do great launch games for their consoles launches... Kinda different... Since they've gone 3rd party, lots of people have the impression that Sega doesn't really care that much about making fabulous games, except very very few exceptions like the Virtua Fighter series which is always top notch. Sonic has gone to hell, it's embarrassing how bad it is nowadays, considering how absolutely magical the first one on Genesis was, i must have played that for years!

london-boy said:
Well, not to nitpick but they used to do great launch games for their consoles launches... Kinda different... Since they've gone 3rd party, lots of people have the impression that Sega doesn't really care that much about making fabulous games, except very very few exceptions like the Virtua Fighter series which is always top notch. Sonic has gone to hell, it's embarrassing how bad it is nowadays, considering how absolutely magical the first one on Genesis was, i must have played that for years!

Let's not forget how they ruined Shinobi. :cry: But then again SMB was a rather nice new addition to Sega's franchises.

london-boy said:
Very true.But I still miss the good old days.Even compared to other thrid party developers they suck.
I d love to see them put the same effort as other third party developers.If others still make superb games like Ubisoft,Capcom,Namco, Konami or whatever so should Sega.They ended up like a second class developer.Like those you dont give a damn about.Ok WE give(....kind of these days).But those that didnt live/enjoy the times of the Genesis, Master system or even Saturn and DC hear about Sega and say "huh?I dont care.Whats that?Sonic?Oh I playied that game on my PS2.Wasnt anything special.Shinobi?Pfff that ugly, repetitive crap Ninja game that tried to mimick DMC?Sega Rally3?Bah I prefer Colin McRae.Whats that game that tried to copy DOA again?Oh yeah its Virtua Fighter.Borrriiiing.Gimmie Dead or Alive4!!"

And indeed although Tecmo copied ideas from Virtua Fighter, Sega's best fighting game is losing fans.Some time ago people used to wait for the next VF like crazy.Now many of the same people see VF5 and they have mixed feelings.

Personally years ago I used to hear about the next Sega game and expected the labels quality-great gameplay-visually a masterpiece-cool and stylised next to it without even having to read a single preview.
No with every Sega game announced I expect another shallow crappy looking game that screams LAZY SECOND CLASS DEVELOPERS!:devilish:

F*** U SEGA!FOR DISSAPOINTING ME AND RUINING WHAT USED TO BE SO SPECIAL FOR ME AND FOR US! :mad: :mad:

london-boy said:
Now now... breathe... callllmmm...

VF still sells way more than DOA games, so that's safe.
NO I WONT CALM DOWN OK?
I WILL KILL EM!!!KILL EM AAAAALLLLL!!! *NIAAARRRCGGGCGGHH GROARRRRR**

Oh....yesh.Atleast that sells......but wait.THEY RUINED SONIC!!! *GROAAAARRRR*

:p

hupfinsgack said:
Let's not forget how they ruined Shinobi. :cry:QUOTE]
Really? I really got a kick out of that game.

You know what'll be fun is the high chance of console fans measuring Tiger Woods 360 to this Sega golf game for "Most potential shown in obscure genre" for graphics.:p

Honestly though, I fully expect that to happen. Maybe not on this forum since posters here don't give a damn about anything that stupid, but go to GAF or somewhere.....yeah, huh?

Back