What could we do in case of an alien invasion?

Jimmers said:
Well I for one welcome our new alien 'benefactors'
</dr. breen>

Heh. :smile:

K.I.L.E.R.,

It's nice that you have put enough thought into this to produce a small document with some ideas, but don't you think you have to preface something like this with your expectation of exactly what that alient threat is? You say things like "B-52 bombers would be used to drop BLU-122 warheads on top of the alien ships hovering above NY city," but this reads like we are supposed to be imagining Independence Day (the movie). So, if that is what you were thinking when you wrote it, you are, in fact, combatting a Hollywoood alien threat unless you can make some statement that this is a likely scenario. Why would they hover? Don't they know they can be hit by BLU-122s when they hover? Sounds more like you want to get technical with what we have at our disposal rather than what the actual problem may be; you have the solutions and now you are looking for a problem to apply them to.

For example, take the idea of War of the Worlds and that our micro-biology would solve the problem for us while we scratch our heads and die, not knowing what to do. Now, let's assume that an ET race that came across space to take our planet may have acquired knowledge byond space flight and weaponry (not to mention cloaking devices. heh) and reverse the situation. What if they don't invade at all while we exist? What if they seed the planet with micro-biology hostile to us and let viruses and bacteria take care of us. Perhaps they even have some dual-use stuff that make us go away and is a delicacy to them. What if it's over before it started? Like a doctor pleased with his patient's progress, the ET admiral might say "The planet has been cleaned from infestation and is recovering nicely. We expect a fully restored enviroment, suitable to our needs within 20 orbits." ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
K.I.L.E.R said:
I made some additions to the asusmptions.
Read the very first paragraph again.

Ok, here's one for you. What if they look exactly like us? How will we "lock on target"? See where I am going here? Forget their craft. Why would they need craft? They are already here and cannot be identified without extnesive DNA testing. Perhaps they are clones of existing humans...nobody noticed that the World population just doubled...:oops: Not only would you have to test them, you'd have to find the double (clone source) and then you'd have to use other methods to determine which one is the original and which one is the "radical agent".

Of course, Pope Innocent III had the answer to this problem way back before we had B-52s, in the year 1210 of our Lord: "Kill them ALL!!!! God will know his own." ;)

PS. I wasn't kidding with my first response of "surrender". I realize this would never make a very good Hollywood movie, but it may very well be our best option.

You have to realise these are my assumptions and do not represent fact in any way.
I'm working under assumptions they don't look like us, only similar.

I will update my current analysis into a full blow out document spanning maybe 30-50 pages on things such as torture under the climate, what kind of climate people will be operating under and so forth.

Well basicly if any race vists us we better damn well hope they are nice and want to be friends other wise we are going to take it up the ass royaly

K.I.L.E.R said:
You have to realise these are my assumptions and do not represent fact in any way.
I'm working under assumptions they don't look like us, only similar.

I will update my current analysis into a full blow out document spanning maybe 30-50 pages on things such as torture under the climate, what kind of climate people will be operating under and so forth.

Why would you assume that beings that may have crossed lightyears of space to get here would not have a major technological advantage? We cannot even travel to the Moon in any meaingful way and they just brough the whole horde along a haul longer than we can imagine. Suddenly we have F-22 Raptors? (Not that they would help, but we don't even have those in any quantity.)

I actually don't think they would wage war on us. They'd probably ignore us, like we ignore so many animals in the jungle. They would take what they want and we'd have no means of stopping them. We would either never think to try to stop them, staring in awe at what would appear to be a god to us or, just maybe, one of us would go ballistic and pull the trigger and then...then...then there is no then...GAME OVER. "Threat neutralized."

Perhaps this was meant more as a comparison to how earthlings treat each other? But it wasn't in the politics section. I thought maybe it was a joke about making assumptions...aliens not being space aliens, but it doesn't really work.

jvd said:
Well basicly if any race vists us we better damn well hope they are nice and want to be friends other wise we are going to take it up the ass royaly

Sodomites from space! :oops:

(Now available on DVD, VHS, and Betamax ;))

jvd said:

Not necessarily.
This discussion is proving fruitful for ideas of which I could discuss.

Depending on the kind of race the aliens would be their reactions to us will determine their course of action.
If they are fighting to expand their domain or even to mine resources they wouldn't want to destroy our planet and given their vulnerabilities would be the similar to ours(physiologically).
In such a case(which I'm assuming is the case) they would not want to risk using chemical or biological weapons that would cause potential harm to the environment or themselves.

They would have to attack us in such a way that we could not move to desperate measures such as nuclear weapons.

Well, I think we are a likely threat to the Universe. We seem to advance technologically while remaining intellectual and moral cavemen. We are the kind of animal that would destroy a planet just because we are not quite sure what evil may lurk there. So, let's do some more reversal. What if we were the invading force?

Would we actually go in person if we had the technology to travel to Alpha Centauri, for example? Would we actually deploy human troops? Why not an extremely malicious version of the "Mars Rover"? Drone "aircraft" and perhaps it is all just a program running on our mothership that will control the fighting, leaving humans to do better things like watching TV and eating diet snackfoods. Their pleas for discourse will be rejected simply because the computer was not programmed to listen or react to that in any other way than as a strategic analysis of the enemy's position. "Statistics gathered on over 1,000 successful planetary invasions have proven that the net outcome of diplomacy is a comparable loss when compared to a swift annihilation and extraction of desired resources."

K.I.L.E.R said:
Not necessarily.
This discussion is proving fruitful for ideas of which I could discuss.

Depending on the kind of race the aliens would be their reactions to us will determine their course of action.
If they are fighting to expand their domain or even to mine resources they wouldn't want to destroy our planet and given their vulnerabilities would be the similar to ours(physiologically).
In such a case(which I'm assuming is the case) they would not want to risk using chemical or biological weapons that would cause potential harm to the environment or themselves.

They would have to attack us in such a way that we could not move to desperate measures such as nuclear weapons.

Well any race that can travel millions of light years to us will be able to get around our weapons very easily and will have most likely already invented nukes and ways to stop them or shield themselves from them . Also most likely a way to clean up and restore worlds .

We can also adept to them as well.
Which brings me back to the original question.
Why take unnecessary risks?

jvd said:
Well any race that can travel millions of light years to us will be able to get around our weapons very easily and will have most likely already invented nukes and ways to stop them or shield themselves from them . Also most likely a way to clean up and restore worlds .

Sorry to interject, but I thought it was funny. This was on our assignment (paraphrased):

Aliens are invading the Earth and use 3um to 10um lasers. Design plasma shields to protect our tanks using Xenon gas etc etc more plasma physics stuff.

:LOL:

wireframe said:
They would take what they want and we'd have no means of stopping them.

They better not like our women! (Or I hope they "disagree" with them more than we do...sometimes... *runs*)

Last edited by a moderator:
K.I.L.E.R said:
We can also adept to them as well.
Which brings me back to the original question.
Why take unnecessary risks?

You think we can some how keep up with a race of beings that are hundreds of years ahead of us in tech ?

I highly doubt it . It be like a cave man trying to fight a stealth bomber

Alstrong said:
Sorry to interject, but I thought it was funny. This was on our assignment (paraphrased):

Aliens are invading the Earth and use 3um to 10um lasers. Design plasma shields to protect our tanks using Xenon gas etc etc more plasma physics stuff.

So, did you go with my advice above and hand in a paper with the solution:

WE SURRENDER!!!
PS- We are all out of Xenon and make great pets!

jvd said:
You think we can some how keep up with a race of beings that are hundreds of years ahead of us in tech ?

I highly doubt it . It be like a cave man trying to fight a stealth bomber

Exactly. And why limit ourselves to thinking "hundreds of years ahead"? Why not think hundreds of thousands of years? Perhaps their technological advancements stagnated 10,000 years ago when they realized they knew everything there is to know about the Universe...and now they just want to eat it! :p

Back