PowerVR Serie 5 is a DX9 chip?

I'll try anyway ;)

From the look of things (and from pure speculations originating from the rumour mill), both major IHV's seem to postpone their true next generation products slightly down their roadmap, due to possible manufacturing process and/or other technical problems.

Can said problems affect Series5 too?

I am aware that you or any other PVR employee cannot answer that question, but inquiring minds are still curious :D

I'll give you guys a lesson in cryptic talk.

JohnH, If two trains, one of them called the CineFX Express, and the other Kyro Gyro, are traveling on the rail system known as Doom3, which would arrive at the destination first?

LittlePenny said:

JohnH, If two trains, one of them called the CineFX Express, and the other Kyro Gyro, are traveling on the rail system known as Doom3, which would arrive at the destination first?
Cryptic comments:
Same train line? How do they go past each other?

Simon F said:
Cryptic comments:

Cryptic follow-up question:
Let's assume same time line and destination to be November. The CineFX Express is leaving the train station as we speak (April) with no Kyro Gyro in sight. But Kyro Gyro is faster. When should Kyro Gyro leave the station in order to overtake the CineFX Express before November?

JohnH said:
...tiles under my desk...

Aha, you admitted it, there's a bug in the tile binning stage! They seem to "spill over" all over the floor if there's not enough space in graphics ram. :p :D

Simon F said:
LittlePenny said:

Cryptic comments:

By extrapolation ?

Simon F said:
LittlePenny said:

Cryptic comments:
The slow starter, which is faster, would have to totally obliterate/smash-to-bits the early starter, which is slower. The fact that the early starter already has much baggage and passengers should not be a concern, of course, since there is an endless supply of passengers.

Otherwise, if it's neck-and-neck, it would come down to who has more passengers, which means lower ticket prices.

LittlePenny said:

Well initially the Kyro Gyro would sit there, looking as if it wasn't moving at all, and then after the CineFX express was two thirds of the way down the line the Kyro Gyro would suddenly accelerate along the line very rapidly, missing out a lot of stops along the way and possibly overtaking the CineFX express. What happens after that is beyond my slightly inebriated imagination at this point, but certainly if the CineFX express was overtaken its manufacturers would start getting quite upset, and might start throwing money at marketing to try to lure passengers away from using the Kyro Gyro, possibly claiming that it was unreliable and might not get to its destination at all...

- Andy.

andypski said:
Well initially the Kyro Gyro would sit there, looking as if it wasn't moving at all, and then after the CineFX express was two thirds of the way down the line the Kyro Gyro would suddenly accelerate along the line very rapidly, missing out a lot of stops along the way and possibly overtaking the CineFX express. What happens after that is beyond my slightly inebriated imagination at this point, but certainly if the CineFX express was overtaken its manufacturers would start getting quite upset, and might start throwing money at marketing to try to lure passengers away from using the Kyro Gyro, possibly claiming that it was unreliable and might not get to its destination at all...

- Andy.
Well, if you're talking about the actual rendering, I don't think this is an accurate description.

Here's how I'd say it:
The GeForce FX has one speed. It has no choice but to run at that one speed.

The Kyro, however, is like a train that has to properly-manage its fuel. If it runs out, it has to stop and get more. The more fuel it holds, the slower it goes, so a balance must be struck between how much fuel it is expected to need and performance. As the number of triangles per scene increases, the amount of fuel needed increases.

Flange of baboons in mining country, perhaps? (3, 6)

(A large no-prize to anyone who knows the right answer....)

Dio said:

(A large no-prize to anyone who knows the right answer....)
Why? 42. Nah too short.
How many roads must a man walk down? 42. Sounds good ;)

By the way, you have a PM, Andypski. I'd really appreciate some kind of reply, even if it's a resounding "I don't know". ;)

Hmm...can anybpdy say something if ImgTec already found a partner for Series 5?
But as i know PowerVR, nobody would tell even if it were so :(.

BTW: Have i understood it right, that Series5 should be ready by/before November?

CU ActionNews

JohnH said:
Simon F said:
Cryptic comments:
By extrapolation ?
By using a trainsformation matrix?

Dio said:
I was assuming that was out of crossword but, thanks to the internet, I see that it's actually 'station related'. I still don't know the answer though.

Simon F said:
Dio said:
I was assuming that was out of crossword but, thanks to the internet, I see that it's actually 'station related'. I still don't know the answer though.
:D I'll leave it the rest of the day to see if anyone else spots it before I give the answer. But you are, undoubtedly, barking up the wrong tree...

Back