PowerVR Athena ? ....a few thoughts

To help me understand this quote could you tell we what a "true" SoC is and how it would differ from the OMAP2s, PNX4008, SHMobile3s, etc. "SoCs" :?:

As you said SoC (system on chip) is exactly what's an OMAP, PNX4008 etc.

I have some thoughts about the way the MBX handles memory access imposing restrictions on the (SDRAM) memory controller, but that's probably too much detail here...

As you said SoC (system on chip) is exactly what's an OMAP, PNX4008 etc.

I have some thoughts about the way the MBX handles memory access imposing restrictions on the (SDRAM) memory controller, but that's probably too much detail here...

Where there are restrictions they normally go the other way...

Hey Guys,

Just noticed another powerVR thread and thought I would say hi!

Just come back from a holiday in South America. Lots of fun.

Hey Guys,

Just noticed another powerVR thread and thought I would say hi!

Just come back from a holiday in South America. Lots of fun.
G'day mate,
Hope you had a great time in South America. How are things in the land of the LWC?
Simon

blah

Hmm, my share options might have been worth something afterall...

You can follow my holiday at http://geriandricky.maxwells.net.nz/ got a nice embarassing story there too.

Congrats on that Intel deal. Does it have anything to do with the AMD+ATI thingie?

Is there any new tech in the Athena chip compaired to the stuff i was working on since I left all those years ago?

Oh, as an aside, that series 4 you gave me as a going away present is still going strong. handles COD2 at 1080p widescreen like a charm ;-)

A couple of years ago I'd kill you for that last sentence out of jealousy.

Intel's licensing of SGX a year and a half ago, far in advance of the design even being generally available, suggested that their Imgtec partnership might be broadening, so both the AMD-ATi and Intel-Imgtec deals seem to be a response to the market trend of integration more than a reaction to each other.

What detail settings for COD2?

Hmm, my share options might have been worth something afterall...

You can follow my holiday at http://geriandricky.maxwells.net.nz/ got a nice embarassing story there too.

Congrats on that Intel deal. Does it have anything to do with the AMD+ATI thingie?

Is there any new tech in the Athena chip compaired to the stuff i was working on since I left all those years ago?

Oh, as an aside, that series 4 you gave me as a going away present is still going strong. handles COD2 at 1080p widescreen like a charm ;-)

Looks like an amazing trip. Sorry to hear about your 'incident' :)

One thing that might interest you is http://wwmx.org/. So long as you keep the GPS and camera time synced, if you leave the gps running then you can pull the coordinates out of the track log afterwards.

CC

Post benchies! I'm sure Simon won't mind ;) How well does it run Quake 4?

Back