New sony controller ?

TTP said:
But I think the mouse precision comes from the fact that you use the whole hand on it rather than from the technology itself. A "thumb-size" trackball can be less precise than you think it might be.

You might be right, that's why i think a gyroscope (or whatever they call it) kind of technology would be flipping great. that would give even more precision than a mouse, but i'm not sure about the feasibility of it for console controllers.

Yeah, sure. A gyroscope could work well, but I'm always scared of controls method that can be fucked up by body movement. I mean, just pressing a trigger on a gyro device can slighly move the device itself hence fucking up the precision. It must be done in a way thet minor movements are ingonred by the system, and then again you lose the precision.

And what happens when your arms get tired and you want to abandon them on your legs after having calibrated the controller in a different position?

it's really tricky.

TTP said:
Yeah, sure. A gyroscope could work well, but I'm always scared of controls method that can be fucked up by body movement. I mean, just pressing a trigger on a gyro device can slighly move the device itself hence fucking up the precision. It must be done in a way thet minor movements are ingonred by the system, and then again you lose the precision.

And what happens when your arms get tired and you want to abandon them on your legs after having calibrated the controller in a different position?

it's really tricky.

Your wrists would still move. I mean we should all have quite strong wrists by now.

Really tricky, but what can you do... Current stick thingys are just not gooe enough as they are. Next gen will have everything to make it look and sound next gen, i'd be disappointed if it would PLAY old-gen.

You are wright about the wrists but then again I still think the more your "body" is asked to move the more problems arise. The less body parts you move, the better IMO. My ideal controller is that that just plugs into your brain and reads from your mind so that you dont have to move a finger :D

TTP said:
You are wright about the wrists but then again I still think the more your "body" is asked to move the more problems arise. The less body parts you move, the better IMO. My ideal controller is that that just plugs into your brain and reads from your mind so that you dont have to move a finger :D

Definately. Although personally i'd prefer the wireless version, no brain plugging involved, u know, i'm a little bit paranoid with brain plugging and stuff.

TTP said:
Right! Cables are so last gen indeed :)

Well hey, look at it this way, you might be left paralised from the scalp down, but at least u'll be free to play games, live in a virtual world, Lawnmower Man style...

I'm sure some people would trade that.

I don't think brain-connection would be much fun myself. There's a challenge in coordinating your body to achieve what you want. The moment that cooridination is taken out of the equation, so's the challenge.

It'd work for some games like FPS, but not others like platformers.

Well, you'll have to coordinate your "virtual body" movements as you do with your real body.

And there are many funny things you can do with your body in real life :D

Back