Bored.....

Natoma

Veteran
with working out.

I think I'm hitting that phase again. I've gone two straight years of working out and right now I weigh 181lbs and I am at 6% body fat roughly. But I'm getting supremely bored with it. I'm thinking of stopping working out, gaining 10-20 lbs (I'm not going to be fat at that point, but not ripped either) and starting all over. Just for shits and giggles.

Anyone have any good incentive/motivation to continue going even at this point.

I gotta tell you, motivating yourself to work out like crazy is REAL hard after you settle down and have been settled for a few years. :LOL:

Natoma said:

just so you have an excuse to go to the gym and look at the hot guys all sweaty and muscular and... seriously, I'm not gay, I just come accross that way to some people :LOL:

When 99% of the guys that go to gyms I've seen over the last 12 years look like

fat-bastard.jpg

and

fat-mama.jpg

and

fat.jpg

and lounge around looking like

fat.jpg

instead of looking like

muscle-worship-vista-video-.jpg

there is VERY little reason to wish to go to the gym anymore. :devilish: :LOL:

LOL

Good one. True, working out has lost a lot of appeal, nowadays. :(

-Sascha.rb

P.S. Not as if I was working out. You know. Err. *cough*

Natoma said:
there is VERY little reason to wish to go to the gym anymore. :devilish: :LOL:

well then you're just going to the wrong gyms! See, I cant even go to the gym because I'm not near in good enough shape. I used to go but I was the only one that was not superhot (well except for the hairy guy, i couldnt even SEE the skin on his back because of all the furr... and he seemed to be allergic to shirts and any kind of shorts that were not really small and really tight...) and so I just had to stop going cause it was getting too embarrasing.

Natoma said:
with working out.

I think I'm hitting that phase again. I've gone two straight years of working out and right now I weigh 181lbs and I am at 6% body fat roughly. But I'm getting supremely bored with it. I'm thinking of stopping working out, gaining 10-20 lbs (I'm not going to be fat at that point, but not ripped either) and starting all over. Just for shits and giggles.

I gotta tell you, motivating yourself to work out like crazy is REAL hard after you settle down and have been settled for a few years. :LOL:
Poor Natoma, bored with narcissism. :LOL:

Natoma come vist me for a day and see how messed up my back is and how little i can work out and that will motivate you

Natoma said:

You know, I'm not gay but if I were I'd have to bang the guy on the right. 8)

Seriously, I've been fairly faithful with my workout routine for the past three years and it's gotten difficult to maintain these past few months. I just try to remember what it felt like weighing almost 300 lbs and feeling like absolute shit every morning, of having to do a deep knee bend just to pick up something I dropped, of having my heart pounding from slowly walking up one crummy flight of steps, etc. And that helps keep my motivation at decent levels.

Natoma said:
there is VERY little reason to wish to go to the gym anymore.

What about, instead of going to the gym, (which I'll admit is boring as shit once you get past the meat factory fascination that many people seem to go there for), getting involved in a sport of some sort. My girlfriend and I have recently started playing tennis. She kicks my ass usually, (she played in HS), but it's a really good cardiovascular workout, and should ensure that you don't start ballooning. If that's not your cup of tea, there's always swimming, soccer, rugby, and I'm sure plenty of other things to do.

If you're looking for plain ole' motivation, I suggest checking out Supersize Me in the theatres. Whilst I didn't like the audience's reaction to certain parts, I thought in general the movie itself was very well done. It also happened to be that the theatre was immediately across the street from McD's, which was hilarious.

clashman said:
If you're looking for plain ole' motivation, I suggest checking out Supersize Me in the theatres. Whilst I didn't like the audience's reaction to certain parts, I thought in general the movie itself was very well done. It also happened to be that the theatre was immediately across the street from McD's, which was hilarious.

Isn't this the same guy that paid imbeciles $100 to eat dog vomit? Can't remember his name, but he does not exactly have the greatest credibility.

Hey, i can see all the pictures apart from the nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up with that?!?!?!

Anyway, i'm getting a bit bored too to be honest. Of life. I think i'm just gonna kill myself.

i go through stages of like 2 weeks where i manage 3 times a week for a solid 20 mins crdio and an hour of strength training, and feel great. Then i loose motivation for a month or so and go once to twice a week for a while.. or something gets in the way.. its annoying.

Natoma said:
with working out.

Have you got any constant pain? For example really nasty ongoing pain in your back, getting worse and worse? If not, then working out is the thing you want to thank for that. If you stop working out, pain will likely follow. And it's very hard to adapt to!

l-b, just use your imagination ;)

I regret quitting working out some 5 years ago.
I used to run 4-6 times a week, about 7 km a go. Did some exercises with weights, push ups and all... I've never felt so good and healthy as then.
I also watched very closely what I ate, no sugar and minimum fat, a lot of vegetables and fruits, no alcohol or smoking. I weighted about 65+ kg then, and I'm 179 cm tall.

I knew if I'd let myself go lazy and quit for even a week or two, I would be too tempted to let go and start living a lazy life, eating all goodies and stuff. Keeping fit was an obsession and drug to me.

...then I met my bf, now I'm about 80kg and lazy as hell :)

Imagination only gets me so far.... I wanna see the flesh!

I'm going back to my routine, alternate days at the gym. Only weights. Loads of McDonalds, fat food, loads and loads of proteins. Been doign it for the last 6 months, still havent put on a gram. :cry:

I assume that by working out you are referring to gym work.

If so, i'd suggest you try a Body Training Systems(BTS) class.

I complement my gym work out with 2 BTS classes:
- Body Combat : Cardio workout.
- Body Pump : For muscle toning(sp?) and definition.

As with all BTS classes, they follow a choreography. B.Pump choreographies are actually quite easy to get into. B.Combat takes a bit more time and it's not unusual for people attending one class and never show up for another B.Combat class again because they thought it was a bit complicated. But if you keep going you'll get into the choreography fast!

The music is generally cool ( if you like the type! ) and it's great fun !

Here's the latest mixes from those 2 classes :
BODY PUMP - MIX 50

01 - Scream For More - Kate Ryan (warm-up)
02 - Celebration - DJ Bobo (squats)
03 - Hole In The Head - Sugababes (chest)
04 - Slave To The Music - Nick Skitz (back)
05 - Jump - Girls Aloud (triceps)
06 - Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park (biceps)
07 - Try - Ian Van Dahl (lunge (sp?))
08 - Somethin Going On (Cranck It) - Boomfunk MC's feat. Jessica Folcker (shoulders)
09 - Shake Ya Tailfeather - Nelly, P. Diddy, Murphy Lee (abs)
10 - Cruisin - Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis (relax)

BODY Combat - MIX 20
01 - Slave To The Music - Nick Skitz
02 - U Can’t Touch This - Beam vs Cyrus feat. MC Hammer
03 - Set You Free - N-Trance
04 - Blood Is Pumpin’ - Voodoo & Serano
05 - Sk8er Boy - Lulu
06 - Cult Of Snap! - Snap! vs Roy Malone
07 - I Don’t Need Nobody - Scott Brown
08 - Baddest Mutha - Lisa Pinup
09 - One Of My Kind - Rogue Traders vs. INXS
10 - Now We Are Free - Lisa Gerrard

(They are usually mixes on the original versions)

You can visit http://www.lesmills.com for more details. Click on the map to see a list of gyms near you that have BTS classes.

sickos just going the gym in order to look at the guys,,,

oh hang on , just remembered the best bit when i used to go ( years+years ago , really MUST go again )..

steps_machines + women == heaven 8)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

-dave-

mind you the "thigh strengthening machine" wasnt bad either , , i just had to make sure i didnt stare toooooo much :-/

Back