What brought you here and made you join Beyond3D?

Oi, Mize are you trying to steal my position as b3d's resident religious scholar ?
In the beginning there was the word - aka text based games like Zork
and the people did thank the Gaming Gods, but those who rejected the word were eaten by a grue

My first true computer game was Dungeon played on a thermal-printer terminal with a rubber phone handset coupling on the back for the modem. It was my friend's Dad's work terminal. We also played Adventure, but Dungeon (aka what would become Zork on CRTs) was my favorite and we spent hours mapping that place.

Aaaanyway, back in the day when Rendition was the hot fuzz, I used to loiter around the message boards of Bjorn3d. I guess my question for evidence of V2200's superiority brought me here and I noticed how the boards here were similarly populated by, err, interesting personalities and lively discourse. Somehow I never really got around finding other meaningful content for my online life, so here I am still, taking the occasional cheap shot at the gathered crowd from the distance.

Aaaanyway, back in the day when Rendition was the hot fuzz, I used to loiter around the message boards of Bjorn3d. I guess my question for evidence of V2200's superiority brought me here and I noticed how the boards here were similarly populated by, err, interesting personalities and lively discourse. Somehow I never really got around finding other meaningful content for my online life, so here I am still, taking the occasional cheap shot at the gathered crowd from the distance.
Upvote for mentioning Rendition. :D

Tommy McClain

Upvote for mentioning Bjorn3D. :D

I can't remember when I popped over here. And my Joined date doesn't let me know either as the forum lost my account at the time and even Geo couldn't get it recovered. But at least he credited me with a bunch of posts so I could at least edit my messages with the new account. :p

I'm pretty sure I originally joined around the time when people were talking about the upcoming Radeon 9700pro and how bad it was going to be compared to the GeforceFX. Boy were a lot of people surprised. :D Either that I joined sometime before that to get help with one of my 3dfx cards. My memory don't work so good anymore when going that far back.

Regards,
SB

My memory don't work so good anymore when going that far back.
Mine either, so when I thought of it the other day I thought I'd best post it up before I lose it again and thought it'd be fun to see how everyone else got here. :)

It IS fun for me, relaxing with no arguments or fights. ('cept Davros swinging his mighty gaming e-penis. :p ) Too much going on, I'm just gonna chillax until my world makes sense or my brain gets calm.

I think it was around the FX time that I drove Reverand crazy, I sort of feel bad about that now. :(

I lurked on B3D for about a year before joining. I was very active on the Tom's Hardware forums and then TH was bought by some conglomerate and added a whole section for Hentai games on their site. I left immediately and never returned even to lurk. Shortly thereafter I became an official member of B3D and then Al got in a Banshee and betrayed me in a game of Big Team Battle CTF.

I was involved in 3D professionally since the Evans&Sutherland vector graphics terminals, used for molecular modelling, soon joined by Silicon Graphics workstations which were considered budget alternatives (at $100000+) since they didn't need host computers.

But I joined B3D because of Quake3.
Dropped out of here as I dropped out of competive Q3, but regained an active interest in the forums because of a professional curiosity about the processor that eventually materialized in the PS3.

It doesn't really make sense for me to hang around any more. Yes, Humus. In loving memory. Sebbbi has somewhat taken up aspects of his torch, and it is much appreciated.

when people were talking about the upcoming Radeon 9700pro and how bad it was going to be compared to the GeforceFX.
Your mission for today is to find these people and mock them without mercy

I was involved in 3D professionally since the Evans&Sutherland vector graphics terminals,
Do you have any of their flight simulation software ? I got into my current religion through flight simulators.

@Entropy are you jsnow ?
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/ct5-evans-sutherland-simulator-how-did-it-work.57664/

Last edited:
Your mission for today is to find these people and mock them without mercy

Do you have any of their flight simulation software ? I got into my current religion through flight simulators.

@Entropy are you jsnow ?
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/ct5-evans-sutherland-simulator-how-did-it-work.57664/
Nope. :)
I'm computational chemistry, not flight sim. Cool tech though! We only did vectors at the time. The E&Ss were the only ones that came anywhere close to being able to deal with (small, schematic) protein structures. 100000+ vectors/s.
When Silicon Graphics entered the field, they weren't as fast, and being non-antialiased vectors on 1024x768 screens, the imagery was really ugly. Also they had to deal with screen refresh, the vector terminals just drew until they were finished, and then drew the next image. The SGIs improved however, and it didn't take that many years until the E&S terminals were pensioned off.

I was involved in 3D professionally since the Evans&Sutherland vector graphics terminals, used for molecular modelling, soon joined by Silicon Graphics workstations which were considered budget alternatives (at $100000+) since they didn't need host computers.

But I joined B3D because of Quake3.
Dropped out of here as I dropped out of competive Q3, but regained an active interest in the forums because of a professional curiosity about the processor that eventually materialized in the PS3.

It doesn't really make sense for me to hang around any more. Yes, Humus. In loving memory. Sebbbi has somewhat taken up aspects of his torch, and it is much appreciated.
Wait what about Humus? He up and disappeared one day. Are you saying he's dead or something?

i already forgot and i failed to find my 1st post using the search feature :(

EDIT: i remember i understand nothing of the posts here tho haha.

hmm so why the heck i joined. hmm.

Last edited:
Back