Rift, Vive, and Virtual Reality

I guess it depends on how tightly Meta Control what gets released on quest also does quest run steam games ?
For them to port to quest 3 there would have to be a quest 3 version of Half life 2
From the Devs :
"While the Quest 2 hardware might be powerful enough to run HL2VR, there is no legally available Android port of the Source engine that would be required to make it run on the headset directly.
Valve has refused to give their consent and support on this front, so the team will not be pursuing any standalone release."

I always like RoadtoVR's coverage of stuff.

This article goes over Karl Guttag's work on why the Vision Pro look better than the Quest 3. It's not about the megapixels.

I bought Journey to Foundation for PC when it released about a month ago. I was pretty excited to try a VR game based on the book, and any new VR game with lots of story and characters. The game plays like a basic form of Mass Effect. First person action, a bunch of characters, and lots of conversations for you to learn about the universe and influence characters and events. Visually it's alright but it's clearly built for Quest 2. The game areas are compact and the texturing has that circa 2012 look. The voice acting is very high quality however. I immediately recognized one of them as Vagabond from Wing Commander 3/4 and from The Expanse, and more. :D

I did try Borderlands 3 with vorpx and it was ok
Borderlands 2 vr is £15.99 while the normal version is £3, if it ever matches price with the normal version i'll grab it
Just read the reviews on steam and they are scathing makes me wonder if the normal version with vorpx might be better

This is a solid demo! It has some personality, it's pretty, the controls work, and etc! I'm looking forward to the final game.

Last edited:
If anyone's interested Fallout 4 VR is now £12.49 (-75%) on humble

It really needs some mods to make it work better. For one, it stutters without a mod.

The Nexus has a category for mods for it. The most important mod is probably FRIK.

Bethesda didn't include any of the FO4 DLC with it, but you can download the DLC from the standard FO4 and integrate it with FO4 VR with some effort and mods.

Last edited:
Payday 2 supports VR currently on sale £2.55 (-70%) on steam

Back