The Plucky Squire [XBSX|S, PS5, PC, NSW] - one of the best looking games ever?

My final Devolver appointment was spent having hands-on time with The Plucky Squire. The scope of the game is incredibly impressive, given that it’s the work of just two people living on opposite sides of the planet – one in the U.K. and one in Brisbane, Australia. James Turner, the Britain-based half of the duo, was on-hand to speak about the game with me as I played.
😲

beautiful art style and the game looks super clean. I wishlisted it. It only says "Single player" and anything else. It'd be nice if they add co-op too.

Also liked that it has a beat em' up too, platforming and so on aside.

the-plucky-squire-attacking-in-book.jpg

the-plucky-squire-mug-shooter.jpg

Supporting all the platforms is also very interesting. For a two man team, how well do they scale from NSW up to XSX/PC? Hmm, I guess that assumes they are porting directly and Devolver aren't involved, which they might be?

The Plucky Squire, one of Eurogamer's most anticipated games of the year, will launch for PC, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X/S on 17th September, publisher Devolver Digital has announced.

It'll also be a day one launch via PlayStation Plus, for anyone signed up to Sony's subscription service.
Appearing on Sony's GPU alternative, but not the basic tier of PSN. Kinda odd that Sony have this on their service but MS don't. Trying to tempt people to try a month??

Also:

Back