Star Wars: Jedi Survivor [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Executives and managers have bonuses to think about. If they don't meet their deadline, their bonuses aren't as high.

Image quality is pretty bad on PC, disabling FSR doesn't seem to run the game natively, there's too much shimmer.

What I ended up with is running 5120x2880 DLDSR with FSR2 Quality to fix the shimmer.

Image quality is pretty bad on PC, disabling FSR doesn't seem to run the game natively, there's too much shimmer.

What I ended up with is running 5120x2880 DLDSR with FSR2 Quality to fix the shimmer.

Rendering resolution is tied to quality preset. Are you running on Epic?

I love these "placebo" patches!

I wonder if they put them out sometimes just to see how many people will suddenly have their issues solved.. and then have a good laugh.
Gotta put out the illusion your doing something to the public even if it doesn't actually do much I suppose

It's all pr

Sorry yes I missed the aggregate CPU usage counter. Something weird is happening as prior to the settings change at about 1:40 it is as you say around 46%, but then when he turns RT on (but it's not really on according to GPU utilisation) it drops to about 25%. Then he really turns it on and it's around 35%. Possibly just an issue with changing settings having an unexpected impact on the game performance (wouldn't be the first time). The best way to really test this would be to restart after each setting change.

Is it weird or is it weird that no one never noticed it? You going from RT (1) to bake lighting/SSR (2) back to RT (3) with a flick of a switch. CPU/GPU utilization should be asymmetrical until the hardware has had time to work through the transitions.

I really hope they manage to fix perf because the game looks absolutely ridiculous, a giant leap over the first game.

It starts to looking good on PC
I did the exact measurements on a Ryzen 5 3600 (launch vs. current patch) - it was 13% higher average FPS, but it has the exact same hitches/high frame-time spikes. So it subjectively actually feels worse than the launch version as the highs are higher but the spikes are the same, so their contrast is even more obvious than launch.

Good to see a reasonably hefty CPU performance uplift though. Hopefully it's a sign of more to come. Makes you wonder what they changed within a couple of weeks to get such a sizable CPU performance boost. Hopefully they haven't already used up too much of the low hanging fruit. The hitching needs to be sorted before I'll consider it buyable though.

I did the exact measurements on a Ryzen 5 3600 (launch vs. current patch) - it was 13% higher average FPS, but it has the exact same hitches/high frame-time spikes. So it subjectively actually feels worse than the launch version as the highs are higher but the spikes are the same, so their contrast is even more obvious than launch.

Thanks for insights Alex. At least they are moving into right direction, GPU utilisation seems higher (looking at the vid is around 90%+ where it was 70ish before). Hopefully they will address "lows" now and we will have a proper port.

Good to see a reasonably hefty CPU performance uplift though. Hopefully it's a sign of more to come. Makes you wonder what they changed within a couple of weeks to get such a sizable CPU performance boost. Hopefully they haven't already used up too much of the low hanging fruit. The hitching needs to be sorted before I'll consider it buyable though.
Something that we know would improve things (Dictator talked about that once) is to update UE4 engine to the latest version. Maybe they simply did that.

If 2 days was enough for this kind of uplift, that means they didn't give the slightest flying fuck for PC as a platform during the entire development. They just droped a build over there, to just say it exists and thats it.

Pretty worthless performance uplift. It looks like it's just there to make benchmarks look good since the game is still just as horrible to play due to the constant low spikes.

As @Dictator said, it's kind of even worse now since the contrast between the highs and lows is even larger and the lows are still just as frequent as before.

Regards,
SB

Back