Elon Musk *spawn*

I had a fucking right wing nationalist british citing the movie as an argument about the great things the British have brought to those they colonized.
If only he was the one who felt the iron fist of oppression

Well, that kind of is the argument the movie is making (accidentaly I assume) considering those characters are meant to represent colonized jews, aka "the one who felt the iron fist of opression" during the roman empire, and they are kind of the butt of the joke of the scene for not realizing how great the empire is.

And the ubfortunate thing about reality is that there is usually some truth to many obscene arguments. While colonialism and conquer are brutal and opressive, they also help spread life-improving newer technologies and knowledge. Yes it is paradoxical, in like: yes life is not a Disney Movie.

Well, that kind of is the argument the movie is making (accidentaly I assume) considering those characters are meant to represent colonized jews, aka "the one who felt the iron fist of opression" during the roman empire, and they are kind of the butt of the joke of the scene for not realizing how great the empire is.

And the ubfortunate thing about reality is that there is usually some truth to many obscene arguments. While colonialism and conquer are brutal and opressive, they also help spread life-improving newer technologies and knowledge. Yes it is paradoxical, in like: yes life is not a Disney Movie.
They stole resources, people lived in the harshest conditions and perished, often with their own cultures, technologies knowledge and ways of living which had their own benefits.
These technologies and knowledge can be shared without the need for brutality and exploitation. Many are still experiencing the consequences of colonialism with military bases and regional divisions

These technologies and knowledge can be shared without the need for brutality and exploitation. Many are still experiencing the consequences of colonialism with military bases and regional divisions

Correct.

Hey we gave you Tea, Marmite and Downton Abbey you ungrateful sod :D
All this history of colonialism, and the British are so proud you barely (if any) got anything from those you conquered to improve the bland cuisine :LOL:

Thank God for foreign food businesses in the UK.

Also....WTF? :LOL: Do it properly like the rest of the world. We evolved. I think the British might need a bit of colonialism to improve their wash basins
IS_SandringhamRoyalex_S218001_WCuto_GB_Washbasin_preview.jpg

Last edited:
Not to mention cricket, and well near every sport (cept basketball) and more than their fare share of good music, compared to my country (NZ) the UK per capita greatly outdone us

edit: WRT food: Here I am in spain, famous for their food, but personally give me a roast any day over a paella
but what do I know, my fav food is german or eastern europe

Last edited:
Not to mention cricket, and well near every sport (cept basketball) and more than their fare share of good music, compared to my country (NZ) the UK per capita greatly outdone us

edit: WRT food: Here I am in spain, famous for their food, but personally give me a roast any day over a paella

That’s actually funny. Some of my worst culinary experiences were in Germany and Eastern Europe :)

Every sport? You mean the British centric small selection of sports and thus most of us have a limited knowledge of games and sports across the globe, history and cultures?
Whats Greece for you? Just fetta cheese? :p
The rest of the world were fat coach potatoes that didnt know what sports and games were until the British came along? :LOL:

Every sport? You mean the British centric small selection of sports and thus most of us have a limited knowledge of games and sports across the globe, history and cultures?
Whats Greece for you? Just fetta cheese? :p
The rest of the world were fat coach potatoes that didnt know what sports and games were until the British came along? :LOL:
Yeah pretty much :p
I assume its due to the industrial revolution happening there (wealth and leisuretime == gotta entertain ourselves)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_the_United_Kingdom
Sport in the United Kingdom
plays an important role in British culture. The United Kingdom has given birth to a large majority of the team sports including association football, badminton, billiards, bowls, boxing, British baseball, rounders, cricket, croquet, curling, darts, golf, fives, field hockey, netball, rugby (union and league), tennis, table tennis, snooker, Motorcycle Speedway, squash,[1] water polo, and shinty. Moreover, the standardisation of various sports, such as in rowing, dancesports and motorsports occurred in the United Kingdom.
Honestly what other country comes close

7 out of the 10 most popular sports originated from there
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-are-the-most-popular-sports-in-the-world.html
edit: actually it looks like baseball came from the UK as well, so 7.5 out of 10

Last edited:
Also....WTF? :LOL: Do it properly like the rest of the world. We evolved. I think the British might need a bit of colonialism to improve their wash basins

Is it wrong that I don't have a clue what you're getting at here? What's the issue with sinks (as we call them over here)? I've been to various countries across Europe (+ Mexico) and their sinks worked just as effectively as ours. In fact, I didn't even notice any difference. What's the problem?

Is it wrong that I don't have a clue what you're getting at here? What's the issue with sinks (as we call them over here)? I've been to various countries across Europe (+ Mexico) and their sinks worked just as effectively as ours. In fact, I didn't even notice any difference. What's the problem?
Hot and cold taps as opposed to one tap you can adjust the hot/cold mix. The house I grew up in had sinks with separate taps, but it was over 100 years old. Haven't really seen them in any newer, (post-1950), construction over here.

Back