Elon Musk *spawn*

Too many American devices don't have a ground either, I don't like those anywhere NEAR as much as grounded devices. I'm also a huge fan of GFI outlets.

I got this thing about dying by electrocution, if I do I lose a bet I really don't care to lose at. :p
New construction here (Canada) requires GFCI outlets, but I own a property that still has single wire power in places.

You're quite unlikely to die by electricity in your home unless you really try or have a pace maker. Breakers typically top out at about 30amps which is usually just enough to give you a good buzz. I can tell you with experience that the 700 amp battery in your car will set you on your ass if the rubber handle on your pliers has broken away. And then you need a hammer to get your pliers off the terminal.

At least you have an earth a lot of European plugs dont

Up until about a decade or two ago, Japanese outlets very very rarely had a ground/earth socket. And even now it's fairly rare. lnstead in a lot of houses when they get a computer, they just have power strips with a ground/earth wire that you are supposed to ground. However, most people just screw it down with the screw that holds the faceplate of the outlet on. :p And those aren't always grounded. Well, that's if they even bother. Most times they just cut off the ground/earth prong and use them directly in the outlet or with a standard 2 prong extension cable. :p

Regards,
SB

Up until about a decade or two ago, Japanese outlets very very rarely had a ground/earth socket. And even now it's fairly rare. lnstead in a lot of houses when they get a computer, they just have power strips with a ground/earth wire that you are supposed to ground. However, most people just screw it down with the screw that holds the faceplate of the outlet on. :p And those aren't always grounded. Well, that's if they even bother. Most times they just cut off the ground/earth prong and use them directly in the outlet or with a standard 2 prong extension cable. :p

Regards,
SB

Sir, what am I now supposed to do with my western stereotypical illusion that japanese are an impeccable example of proper form, engineering and guideline adoption?

Allegedly Germany does not :D
But Denmark has a fantastic sense of humour
Artist Takes Museum’s $84,000, Returns With Blank Canvases Titled ‘Take the Money and Run’

When staff at the Kunsten Museum of Modern Art in Aalborg loaned artist Jens Haaning 534,000 Danish krone (the equivalent of $84,000), they expected him to create a new version of a previous artwork in which he framed a large amount of cash to illustrate the difference between annual income in Denmark and Austria. Instead, Haaning came back to them with two blank canvases titled Take the Money and Run.

“I actually laughed as I saw it,” museum CEO Lasse Andersson tells NPR’s Bill Chappell.

According to Euronews’ Tom Bateman, a museum spokesperson says the institution has a written agreement with Haaning that the money must be returned when the exhibition ends on January 16, 2022. But the artist tells Danish radio program P1Morgen that he has no plans to repay the cash.

“The work is that I have taken their money,” he says.
7n6PjAB.jpg

Last edited:
Digi you can just buy a gfci outlet and replace one in the string to make the rest gfci. I once was plugging in an electric griddle and got shocked from one hand across chest to other hand and I was fine. Uncomfortable though.

I also got shocked from a broken distributor cap across chest (one hand was on bumper ground, other on the cap). Holy crap that was a good jolt.

Last edited:
But that it should be restored but to align with what I was saying earlier

. Although Tesla publicly claims that it fosters a safe and respectful environment for its workers, the truth is that for years Tesla has subjected women working in its Fremont plant to nightmarish conditions of rampant sexual harassment. Tesla's factory floor more resembles a crude, archaic construction site or frat house than a cutting-edge company in the heart of the progressive San Francisco Bay Area. The pervasive culture of sexual harassment, which includes a daily barrage of sexist language and behavior, including frequent groping on the factory floor, is known to supervisors and managers and often perpetrated by them. Jessica Barraza complained repeatedly to managers and to HR, who failed to protect her. She was forced to endure this atrocious and illegal behavior for years until she could not take it anymore. Ms. Barraza is bringing this case to put a stop to the systemic sexual harassment that plagues her and the other women at Tesla.

Inevitably something like this would happen. We will have to wait for court to see what the details are but given the culture promulgated it seems all too believable.

But that it should be restored but to align with what I was saying earlier

Inevitably something like this would happen. We will have to wait for court to see what the details are but given the culture promulgated it seems all too believable.

Tesla has already lost a couple of racist work environment cases. The most recent to the tune of $137m. Their employees are usually forced into arbitration agreements to avoid public trials.

Back